Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chelone Owner
    • By Chelone Owner 13th Mar 17, 11:09 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Chelone Owner
    Gladstones' Owners
    • 13th Mar 17, 11:09 AM
    Gladstones' Owners 13th Mar 17 at 11:09 AM
    As I'm preparing my case for court, this lovely website has allowed me to discover that the owners of Gladstones are also owners of the International Parking Community, which allows parking firms access to the DVLA database to find their next victims. On the IPC's website it states:
    "The IPC operates a Code of Practice that encourages good practice and facilitates the fair release of data where there is a right to recover parking charges. "

So, the owner of a legal firm obviously cashing in on parking, owns a company that practises "fair release" ??? Am I right in thinking that this is totally inappropriate?

Hoping this post finds everyone well.
Page 1
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 13th Mar 17, 11:19 AM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 5,914 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 13th Mar 17, 11:19 AM
    As I'm preparing my case for court, this lovely website has allowed me to discover that the owners of Gladstones are also owners of the International Parking Community, which allows parking firms access to the DVLA database to find their next victims. On the IPC's website it states:
    "The IPC operates a Code of Practice that encourages good practice and facilitates the fair release of data where there is a right to recover parking charges. "

So, the owner of a legal firm obviously cashing in on parking, owns a company that practises "fair release" ??? Am I right in thinking that this is totally inappropriate?

Hoping this post finds everyone well.
    Originally posted by Chelone Owner
    but we all know that already. Gladstones run the IPC/IAS scam
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • tykesi
    • By tykesi 13th Mar 17, 11:19 AM
    • 1,528 Posts
    • 1,943 Thanks
    tykesi
    Of course it's inappropriate but it's not exactly new information on this site.
    £2017 in 2017 - £1057.70
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Mar 17, 11:28 AM
    • 6,157 Posts
    • 4,963 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 13th Mar 17, 11:28 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 11:28 AM
    The SRA (Porcine Aviation) has investigated and found no conflict of interest.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Chelone Owner
    • By Chelone Owner 13th Mar 17, 1:40 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Chelone Owner
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:40 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 1:40 PM
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this stinks, just wanted to be sure! if the S.R.A. have investigated then I won't use that on my case so thanks for the information.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 13th Mar 17, 7:57 PM
    • 3,395 Posts
    • 4,738 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:57 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:57 PM
    Gladstones Solictors, aka Will Hurley and John Davies
    Independent Parking CommitteeInternational Pakring Community (IPC) aka Will Hurley and John Davies
    Independent Appeals service, a trading name of United Trade and industry limited- guess who???

any idea?

still guessing, maybe you could join the IPC?

Ok, then its Will Hurley and John llwellyn Gladstone Davies
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08248531/officers
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • fil cad
    • By fil cad 13th Mar 17, 8:09 PM
    • 737 Posts
    • 581 Thanks
    fil cad
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:09 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:09 PM
    Yes folks, its one cozy money making racket
    PPCs say its carpark management, BPA say its raising standards..... we all know its just about raking in the revenue.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 13th Mar 17, 9:08 PM
    • 3,395 Posts
    • 4,738 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:08 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:08 PM
    As you can see, tats why some advise on ignoring IPC member appeal rejections, and forgetting about IAS.
    However if you go down the IAS route, exect it to be rejected, you must then follow this up with complaints about the shortcomings if the IPC/IAS Will Hurley system, also complain to the Chartered Trading Standards Institute, as the IAS claim to comply with the ADR regulations and show the CTSI logo on their website.
    A further complaint to the advertising standards agency for the same reason should also be submitted.
    If you are out of time to appeal and have missed their made up deadlines, then you should demand access to an ADR entity, you have upto 12 months to do this under UK legislation and it should also be of no cost to the person appealing.
    If they refuse then its a further complaint, plus refusing access to ADR could be used in defence in court, as well as showing that they have behaved unreasonably.

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Gemwill
    • By Gemwill 13th Mar 17, 9:59 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    Gemwill
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:59 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 9:59 PM
    Is there a letter template for this? Haven't seen one whilst reading. If I have I do apologise x
    Tia
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 13th Mar 17, 10:03 PM
    • 3,395 Posts
    • 4,738 Thanks
    Half_way
    if you have an IPC related issue, please start a new thread, and read the sticky.
    depending upon the car park a landowner complaint can go a long way if you go at it the right way

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Mar 17, 8:20 AM
    • 44,237 Posts
    • 56,970 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Is there a letter template for this? Haven't seen one whilst reading. If I have I do apologise x
    Tia
    Originally posted by Gemwill
    Template for IAS appeal stage? No, because you will almost certainly lose unless your case is unusual, in which case templates are best avoided.

Or a template wording to include in a court defence about Gladstones not having a potential conflict of interest and lacking 'clean hands' in bringing such cases to court following the inevitable appeal failures, can be found by searching this forum for 'Gladstones conflict clean hands'.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,832Posts Today

8,083Users online

Martin's Twitter