Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Mar 17, 11:28 AM
    • 58,989Posts
    • 41,794Thanks
    soolin
    minimum £10 item value for Click & Collect Programme
    • 13th Mar 17, 11:28 AM
    minimum £10 item value for Click & Collect Programme 13th Mar 17 at 11:28 AM
    I don't think this change has bene mentioned here before?

https://tamebay.com/2017/03/new-minimum-10-item-value-for-ebay-click-collect-programme.html

I don't offer Argos click and collect on my business listings as so many buyers just never bothered to collect and my outward postage was adding up, but I understand it is quite popular as another way to increase sales.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 1
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 13th Mar 17, 3:56 PM
    • 7,085 Posts
    • 9,864 Thanks
    KxMx
    • 13th Mar 17, 3:56 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 3:56 PM
    As a buyer this is disappointing.

Will certainly affect what i buy from eBay.

I have Amazon Prime so I'd be more likely to order from there now for under £10 Click &Colllect small, but can't fit through letter box items.

Amazon have really expanded their C&C locally.
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 13th Mar 17, 4:13 PM
    • 3,056 Posts
    • 1,782 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:13 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:13 PM
    My buyers rarely understood that it wasn't in stock in Argos and it caused me heeps of problems.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Mar 17, 4:19 PM
    • 58,989 Posts
    • 41,794 Thanks
    soolin
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:19 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:19 PM
    My buyers rarely understood that it wasn't in stock in Argos and it caused me heeps of problems.
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    Yep, we've had buyers on here as well start threads about the appalling service in that they buy something and can't go and collect it next day like they usually can with Argos. I suspect a lot of buyers really misunderstand what the whole thing is about.

For me though it was the very high percentage of buyers who just didn't bother to collect , every one returned in collected cost me outward postage and I got fed up with it.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Mar 17, 4:28 PM
    • 10,736 Posts
    • 7,193 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:28 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:28 PM
    Oddly timed post. I don't do Argos C&C but I've had a 1k feedback buyer buy something that's too big for a letter box and £100 in value.

She's added a note for me to send it to her local Argos as she won't be in to collect it. What's more, she lives in Exeter. There are 4 Argos in Exeter. What planet is she on?
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 13th Mar 17, 4:31 PM
    • 4,326 Posts
    • 3,726 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:31 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:31 PM
    The only items I seem to send to Argos store are under £10 and fit through a letter box. I think some buyers see Argos free delivery and pick that rather than looking a bit further down the page and realising they can get it delivered to their home for free too.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    • 58,989 Posts
    • 41,794 Thanks
    soolin
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    Oddly timed post. I don't do Argos C&C but I've had a 1k feedback buyer buy something that's too big for a letter box and £100 in value.

She's added a note for me to send it to her local Argos as she won't be in to collect it. What's more, she lives in Exeter. There are 4 Argos in Exeter. What planet is she on?
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    Oh dear, just what you need on a Monday.
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,670Posts Today

8,663Users online

Martin's Twitter