Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • yorkshiretight
    • By yorkshiretight 13th Mar 17, 10:40 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 2Thanks
    yorkshiretight
    Travel insurance for long term conditions
    • 13th Mar 17, 10:40 AM
    Travel insurance for long term conditions 13th Mar 17 at 10:40 AM
    I was recently diagnosed with Cancer and as the condition will be controllable but not curable I do not expect to lead a sheltered life. Travel has always been high on the agenda so through this website and through the internet generally I set out to find a travel insurance policy for myself and my wife.
    Amazing results appeared. Anything from £1200 to £2200 for an annual european cover. Ridiculous.
    Our current insurer, lapsed, suggested that we take out a standard policy, declare the condition, but in the event that there was a claim that could be linked in some way to the Cancer then be prepared to not be covered. I asked the Oncologist what he thought of that suggestion. Not a lot, as whilst the condition might not be causal the treatment required might have to be modified because of it and the insurance company could refuse or impose a cash ceiling.
    A friend recommended Boots travel insurance. They have the most longwinded medical questionnaire section but their quotation at £500 without conditions seemed pretty decent.

If you are facing similar problems you could give them a try.

YT.
Page 1
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 14th Mar 17, 7:43 AM
    • 5,580 Posts
    • 15,932 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:43 AM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:43 AM
    I used ABLE2TRAVEL for my daughter it cost £180 for a 14 day caribbean cruise , she has multiple health issues .
    Last edited by CHRISSYG; 14-03-2017 at 7:46 AM.
    • alanq
    • By alanq 14th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 3,683 Posts
    • 2,357 Thanks
    alanq
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    MSE article about Travel Insurance For Those With Pre-existing Conditions

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/pre-existing-travel-insurance
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 14th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    • 7,369 Posts
    • 4,761 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 14th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 4:58 PM
    Boots certainly beat all the others for me, I shall need to remember them for next year (even tho their questionnaire is, indeed, the most detailed I have come across!).
    • beedeedee
    • By beedeedee 15th Mar 17, 10:47 AM
    • 901 Posts
    • 1,190 Thanks
    beedeedee
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:47 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 10:47 AM
    World First are good, especially for strokes and blood cancers, so I would imagine they're good for other cancers too? Very reasonable premiums.
    • LLlady
    • By LLlady 24th Mar 17, 10:07 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LLlady
    • 24th Mar 17, 10:07 AM
    Annual or single trip?
    • 24th Mar 17, 10:07 AM
    Good advice but was it for annual insurance or a single trip?
    • CHRISSYG
    • By CHRISSYG 31st Mar 17, 4:51 PM
    • 5,580 Posts
    • 15,932 Thanks
    CHRISSYG
    • 31st Mar 17, 4:51 PM
    • 31st Mar 17, 4:51 PM
    I read about a company called insurancewith/insuredwith , it is especially for those with cancer it was set up by someone with the illness.
    • alanq
    • By alanq 1st Apr 17, 9:33 AM
    • 3,683 Posts
    • 2,357 Thanks
    alanq
    • 1st Apr 17, 9:33 AM
    • 1st Apr 17, 9:33 AM
    I read about a company called insurancewith/insuredwith , it is especially for those with cancer it was set up by someone with the illness.
    Originally posted by CHRISSYG
    http://www.insurancewith.com/
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • ThomasP
    • By ThomasP 4th Apr 17, 12:29 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 636 Thanks
    ThomasP
    • 4th Apr 17, 12:29 PM
    • 4th Apr 17, 12:29 PM
    World First won "Best Insurance Provider" at the Insurance Choice Awards, so I'd say they're ok!
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 5th Apr 17, 8:21 AM
    • 31,526 Posts
    • 37,228 Thanks
    Browntoa
    another vote for www.Insurewith.com , they use more in depth questioning about your conditions than the others to arrive at a more customised reasonable price
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I'm a volunteer to help them run smoothly and I can move and merge posts there. However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

661Posts Today

7,774Users online

Martin's Twitter