Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • determined new ms
    • By determined new ms 13th Mar 17, 7:38 AM
    • 6,343Posts
    • 35,957Thanks
    determined new ms
    What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/03
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:38 AM
    What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 13/03 13th Mar 17 at 7:38 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Wombling '16 £264.46 Roadkill £28.25
    Wombling YTD £2795.06/Roadkill £8.58
    NSDs Aug 3/15 CC saved £1802.50 Veg grown £376.20
Page 8
    • ziggy2407
    • By ziggy2407 19th Mar 17, 8:44 PM
    • 2,883 Posts
    • 21,467 Thanks
    ziggy2407
    Hi all

Left the £1 that I keep in my gym bag in the locker door at the gym on Friday. Really annoyed with myself about this. DS has a friend who helps out at the gym and he told me that they make a fortune out of this. That really didnt make me feel any better.
    Originally posted by YORKSHIRELASS
    Could you use a "trolley coin" in future and then if you leave it, it won't really matter (if you want any let me know have found 3 that you can have)

It is better to take many small steps in the right direction than to make a great leap forward only to stumble backward. (Old Chinese Proverb)

Make £5 per day in August 2017: £322.89/£155
    • armchairexpert
    • By armchairexpert 19th Mar 17, 11:11 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 3,584 Thanks
    armchairexpert
    I spent Sunday evening baking and listening to podcasts, and this morning I sent the family off to school/work with HM mini pizzas, sandwiches made with HM bread and leftover corned beef, and banana-andcranberry teabread for afters. Feeling very smug.

Now to take the washing in before the threatened rain...
    MFW diary here. 1 Feb 2017 $229,371 - MFD Feb 2043 aiming for May 2028
    14 August 2017 - Refinanced: $220,000
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,292Users online

Martin's Twitter