Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • karimali831
    • By karimali831 12th Mar 17, 11:49 PM
    • 13Posts
    • 1Thanks
    karimali831
    F1rst Parking LLP court claim
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:49 PM
    F1rst Parking LLP court claim 12th Mar 17 at 11:49 PM
    Hi all,

At University, I received 4 parking tickets issued by F1RST PARKING throughout my final year in University. It was advised not to pay them as they are private company, therefore previous correspondence had been ignored them. I graduated and moved out of the halls last year. I now recently received a letter from F1rst parking, 4 letters (for 4 PCN's) stating COUNTY COURT LEGAL ACTION CASE PREPARATION. And the scary one - "Claim Form" demanding £700 including £60 fee. They said they will lodge the claim to the county court 15th THIS MONTH unless it's paid before 14th THIS MONTH. I had been in a situation where I had to move out my mothers place 2 years ago because me and her partner don't get along, I had kept my drivers license address there. He had stolen all the debt letters, I was lucky to receive this one... any advise on this situation I appreciate very much.

thank you
    Last edited by karimali831; 13-03-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Mar 17, 12:29 AM
    • 46,885 Posts
    • 60,214 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:29 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 12:29 AM
    And the scary one - "Claim Form" demanding £700 including £60 fee. It all seems legitimate and I'm in a bit of fear now and can't sleep.. They said they will lodge the claim to the county court 15th THIS MONTH unless it's paid before 14th THIS MONTH.
    Ah, so they have sent a draft claim form to scare you.

FIRST, PLEASE EDIT YOUR FIRST POST ABOUT WHO WAS DRIVING - DELETE ANY SUCH THING! NOW!

Email this to them:

Dear F1rst Parking,

You have recently sent letters addressed to me, but sent to an old address, including a fake/copy of a claim form to make it appear you have filed a small claim already. This is harassment and a misleading business practice, contrary to consumer protection law.

You are now required to take the following action in order to comply with pre-Action protocols and to fulfil the overriding objective:

1. Send me your evidence of any contravention by the driver, including the contract itself (signage terms) and all photos taken.

2. Send me copies of the letters you contend were sent (albeit they were not 'served' to me, due to your use of an old address).

3. Explain on what basis you are holding me liable as registered keeper, or show me your evidence as to the identity of the driver so I may pass the Notices you send me, onto that person.

4. Explain whether you believe F1rst Parking has complied with the POFA 2012, Schedule 4, including all Notice to Keepers in your reply.

Whilst the matter is clearly under dispute and you have not shown any evidence nor any coherent draft particulars nor cause of action against me as keeper, it would be wholly vexatious and unreasonable if you attempt to proceed with a small claim. Kindly supply the information, photos and letters, within 14 days which appears a reasonable timeline since these must be in your possession if you believe you have grounds to make a claim.

You must send these and all future correspondence to my current address for service which is:

xx xxxxx
    xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxx
    xxxx xxx

yours faithfully,

karimali831's real name
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• karimali831
    • By karimali831 14th Mar 17, 11:22 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    karimali831
    • 14th Mar 17, 11:22 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 11:22 PM
    Thanks I'll keep posted what happens.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 15th Mar 17, 12:30 AM
    • 6,953 Posts
    • 6,962 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:30 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 12:30 AM
    http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/First_Parking_LLP.html
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • amme321
    • By amme321 12th Apr 17, 3:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    amme321
    • 12th Apr 17, 3:06 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 3:06 PM
    Hi karimali831,

I am in a similar situation to you and have just been threatened with county court legal action if I do not pay. Do you have any updates on your case?

Thanks
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Apr 17, 3:14 PM
    • 39,214 Posts
    • 78,345 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 12th Apr 17, 3:14 PM
    • 12th Apr 17, 3:14 PM
    Hi karimali831,

I am in a similar situation to you and have just been threatened with county court legal action if I do not pay. Do you have any updates on your case?

Thanks
    Originally posted by amme321
    If you need help or advice, you would be better starting your own thread. Put as much information as you can, but do not reveal the driver's identity. So, you do not say things like I parked, or I drove. Parking scammers read these fora.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • lizerazou
    • By lizerazou 16th Apr 17, 9:29 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lizerazou
    • 16th Apr 17, 9:29 PM
    • 16th Apr 17, 9:29 PM
    Hi karimali831

Just wondered what happened after you replied to First Parking?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 16th Apr 17, 9:32 PM
    • 13,132 Posts
    • 20,476 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 16th Apr 17, 9:32 PM
    • 16th Apr 17, 9:32 PM
    Hi karimali831

Just wondered what happened after you replied to First Parking?
    Originally posted by lizerazou
    Last visit to the forum 19/03/17. Send a PM, they'll get an email saying you're trying to get in touch.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,555Posts Today

5,779Users online

Martin's Twitter