Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 12th Mar 17, 11:44 PM
    • 838Posts
    • 247Thanks
    rockingbilly
    Calling time on PIP
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:44 PM
    Calling time on PIP 12th Mar 17 at 11:44 PM
    To tell you the truth I have had it.
    What with the replies that I have been getting, and the opinions that I am facing an almost impossible task in turning over the PIP decision, and the lack of help from any outside welfare rights agency I am closing the book on the PIP claim. I just cannot cope with rejection - it is a personal thing.
    I've been told that I should not claim it if I don't need the money, it was my fault that CAB didn't get back to me in time, my fault that I didn't get a 14 day extension from the DWP when I was offered 7 days and worst still, it's my fault that I am ill which makes me irrational and unable to see things/deal with things.

I just hope that nobody else has to try to cope with what has been thrown at me.
Page 5
    • tomtom256
    • By tomtom256 19th Mar 17, 7:31 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 1,484 Thanks
    tomtom256
    No, I am going for it. I know that I am entitled to some level of PIP even going by the points not given for those sections that are completely false.
    It just shows that having someone help you may not be the best thing to do. Every time I have asked for help in the past, they did a far better job of explaining my problems than I could have done and because of that I was awarded DLA twice.
    It has been a let down to find that this time, I have been shafted.
    Without quoting chapter and verse. I have one report dated 2014 when tested for Dementia that clearly states that I have great difficulties in coping and understanding new information, and sequencing as well as showing a noticeable loss of functional & analytical skills.. I have memory loss which is confirmed with a diagnosis of Dementia caused either by vascular problems (most likely) or alcoholism (unlikely) which is being treated.
    I am not going to improve. Yet the assessor dismissed all of that evidence.
    Originally posted by rockingbilly
    And that sums it up, the typical I know that I am entitled to it.

Entitled, not eligible, but entitled, shall I get you the moon on a stick as well!
    • bspm
    • By bspm 19th Mar 17, 7:55 AM
    • 363 Posts
    • 554 Thanks
    bspm
    I have decided to do a MR for the PIP claim. What the DWP do with the AA claim is up to them. I don't particularly care.
    I have NOT told any lies. I find it extremely difficult explaining everything in detail so I just give bits out. Repeat - I HAVE NEVER OWNED A MOBILITY SCOOTER!! I was THINKING about one but that was it.
    I don't have to convince anyone not even the DWP - that is their choice as to whether they believe me or not.
    And there is no law in this land that says what I do with the money. I could simply burn it, buy illegal drugs with it or even bet on the horses with it. I choose to give it to my children. If you have a problem with that pity you!
    Err to qualify for any benefit you do.
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 19th Mar 17, 11:41 AM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    And that sums it up, the typical I know that I am entitled to it.

Entitled, not eligible, but entitled, shall I get you the moon on a stick as well!
    Originally posted by tomtom256
    So I presume that even though I see that I am entitled to enough points it's still not enough to be entitled?
    Do you normally reply to posts in that manner?
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 19th Mar 17, 11:47 AM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    Err to qualify for any benefit you do.
    Originally posted by bspm
    I don't see it that way. Anybody can write anything on the claim form whether it is true or not. So the PIP2 cannot be the end product that would give rise to entitlement.

Independent evidence will or should.

Take a ridiculous situation where someone has a terminal diagnosis within 6 months and submits a PIP 2 + the certificate from the GP.
    On the PIP2 the claimant says that they have no problems whatsoever either with care needs or mobility. Yet the certificate says that the claimant is likely to be dead within 6 months.
    The claimant doesn't need to convince the DWP that they are entitled to PIP, the certificate itself does that for them.
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 19th Mar 17, 11:50 AM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    Christ he has dementia NOW what ever next a lost limbno not that as he would not be able to lift his Motability scooter onto the back seat of his prestige car.
    Originally posted by bigbulldog
    What a disgusting attitude to take. Yes I do have a diagnosis of Dementia and it is being medicated. I have a 4 page report based on tests that took 2 days to complete.
    There are some people that see it funny that others are ill and disabled.
    • Tommo1980
    • By Tommo1980 19th Mar 17, 12:14 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    Tommo1980
    I'm afraid your posting history opens you up to ridicule. Perhaps give it a rest for a while and take stock. Noting constructive is going to come from carrying on this ridiculous saga.

Tom
    • bigbulldog
    • By bigbulldog 19th Mar 17, 12:30 PM
    • 532 Posts
    • 582 Thanks
    bigbulldog
    What a disgusting attitude to take. Yes I do have a diagnosis of Dementia and it is being medicated. I have a 4 page report based on tests that took 2 days to complete.
    There are some people that see it funny that others are ill and disabled.

It's a horrible disease to have and I really feel for those that GENUINELY suffer from it and have my admiration on how they cope with it.
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 19th Mar 17, 1:30 PM
    • 821 Posts
    • 1,728 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Without quoting chapter and verse. I have one report dated 2014 when tested for Dementia that clearly states that I have great difficulties in coping and understanding new information, and sequencing as well as showing a noticeable loss of functional & analytical skills.. I have memory loss which is confirmed with a diagnosis of Dementia caused either by vascular problems (most likely) or alcoholism (unlikely) which is being treated.
    I am not going to improve. Yet the assessor dismissed all of that evidence.
    Any chance of you forgetting your forum login details?
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 19th Mar 17, 1:42 PM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    I'm afraid your posting history opens you up to ridicule. Perhaps give it a rest for a while and take stock. Noting constructive is going to come from carrying on this ridiculous saga.

Tom
    Originally posted by Tommo1980
    Saga it may be, but it's my life that we are talking about. What makes me any different to others that are seeking help and advice?
    I would wonder that if you were in my position would you not be looking for help?
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 19th Mar 17, 1:43 PM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    It's a horrible disease to have and I really feel for those that GENUINELY suffer from it and have my admiration on how they cope with it.
    Originally posted by bigbulldog
    So if I was able to physically stuff the report and it's findings in your face you would have more sympathy?
    Shame that it has come to this that posters are disbelieved when they post on sites like this one.
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 19th Mar 17, 1:45 PM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    Any chance of you forgetting your forum login details?
    Originally posted by IAmWales
    Is there a need for a comment like that coming from someone who has only just 'appeared' on this forum?
    • CTcelt1988
    • By CTcelt1988 19th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    • 252 Posts
    • 281 Thanks
    CTcelt1988
    Your posts are nonsense Rockingbilly, so no wonder people don't believe you.

If you are genuine, go to a CAB advisor.

If not, stop posting your fantasies on here.
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 19th Mar 17, 4:26 PM
    • 1,145 Posts
    • 3,615 Thanks
    cbrown372
    Is there a need for a comment like that coming from someone who has only just 'appeared' on this forum?
    Says the person who has been here for 7 years one way or another....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php?searchid=171624672

^^^^^

search link may not work, just click on his profile and check thread starts

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=1013571
    Its not that we have more patience as we grow older, its just that we're too tired to care about all the pointless drama
    • Muttleythefrog
    • By Muttleythefrog 19th Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    • 9,966 Posts
    • 18,441 Thanks
    Muttleythefrog

^^^^^

Originally posted by cbrown372
    Good lord "I have taken 6 years to get here. I have now destroyed myself and everyone around me. That was the intention from the start.
    No one can believe that so much could happen and go wrong in one person's life. Oh yes it can and I am living proof of it.

Yes I am an alcoholic and 'hooked' on Morphine. I will find my way out of all of this, no one can help me now. No one could even attempt to unravel what I have done and created and repair it.
    "

Sounds like since he was living proof of all that could go wrong in someone's life he's suffered years of it getting worse. If I were him I'd write a book and make a fortune... I mean the latest disaster in being duped by a conman who filled in his PIP2 disability form saying there was nothing wrong with him has to be worth some money. Someone near to here...a disabled man... was bashed about and robbed of his pension... he ended up getting a new house from the charitable donations.
    Last edited by Muttleythefrog; 19-03-2017 at 5:37 PM.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 19th Mar 17, 5:41 PM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    Your posts are nonsense Rockingbilly, so no wonder people don't believe you.

If you are genuine, go to a CAB advisor.

If not, stop posting your fantasies on here.
    Originally posted by CTcelt1988
    My posts are nonsense??? Why??

What part of the DLA to PIP process that I am in is nonsense?
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 19th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly

^^^^^

Originally posted by cbrown372
    Now I am baffled!
    Who or what is the connection between that last link and me? I certainly have not been on here for the past 7 years? Talk about me being on some strong medication!
    • arenaman
    • By arenaman 19th Mar 17, 7:25 PM
    • 710 Posts
    • 131 Thanks
    arenaman
    Will you behave arguing please, it doesn't make good reading for the rest of us
    • Tommo1980
    • By Tommo1980 20th Mar 17, 7:34 AM
    • 288 Posts
    • 371 Thanks
    Tommo1980
    Now I understand the Andy and Flo references. Thanks cbrown372.

Tom
    • tomtom256
    • By tomtom256 20th Mar 17, 9:20 AM
    • 804 Posts
    • 1,484 Thanks
    tomtom256
    So I presume that even though I see that I am entitled to enough points it's still not enough to be entitled?
    Do you normally reply to posts in that manner?
    Again, you see that YOU are ENTITLED to enough points.

You don't make the decision!
    • rockingbilly
    • By rockingbilly 20th Mar 17, 9:52 AM
    • 838 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    rockingbilly
    Again, you see that YOU are ENTITLED to enough points.

You don't make the decision!
    Originally posted by tomtom256
    I never said that I did. But based on my self assessment I see that the DWP giving 0 points is plainly wrong. How else do you want me to word it? Advice on here and other forums tells claimants to look at the descriptors to see which ones apply. That is what I have done.

All I want (like every other claimant) is the right decision first time round.
    Why would the DWP/assessor ignore clear evidence that shows that I have needs? Why do they say that I have no problems using an unadapted bath? Why say that I do not have any difficulties using the toilet? Why say that I can undress/dress without any assistance? When it is as clear as daylight that when Social Services assessed me and the home not only did they offer to put in place carers to come 2/3 times a day, provide a bath lift to get in and out of the bath and provide a toilet frame and seat?
    Do the DWP just assume that as I now have the equipment and get help that all of my difficulties have been resolved?
    Then what about the reports/diagnosis and prognosis that I sent them regarding my mental health functions?
    The answer to those questions is down to how the PIP2 was filled in. It lacks any real information and certainly does not explain that despite the aids and adaptions my life is still difficult. I (like thousands of others) would normally expect that when a professional is brought on board who helps to fill out the form you would expect it to be done better than how the claimant could ever have done.
    I would expect that thousands if not more after having had the form filled in for them would just assume that it is complete and accurate in every respect. How many would then go through what has been written and cross out/improve/revise the contents?
    To be given 0 points when it is beyond clear that I still have these problems confuses me.

As I have said before I am not fighting this for the money, that is unimportant and not needed. What I am fighting it for is that I want a decision that actually takes into account all of my difficulties. I honestly don't care if I am one point under both care and mobility elements just as long as the decision is correct.
    Last edited by rockingbilly; 20-03-2017 at 10:03 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,610Posts Today

9,604Users online

Martin's Twitter