Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • K874
    • By K874 12th Mar 17, 9:11 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    K874
    Please can someone advise me - no ticket on car, PCN from CPM
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:11 PM
    Please can someone advise me - no ticket on car, PCN from CPM 12th Mar 17 at 9:11 PM
    Hi there, I honestly have read and tried to make sense of the stickie newbie threads at the top but I am still none the wiser as to how to best appeal a parking charge notice my husband received.
    He received a Parking charge notice from CPM UK Car Park Management on the 28th Feb. They have 2 photos of his car parked in a private car park at 17.07. The physio practise that he was attending had informed him that he was allowed to park there after 5pm.
    The letter is addressed to him and they say they have requested his detail from the DVLA.
    So I am really confused as to how to appeal this correctly. The letter was issued on the 28th Feb but we didn't receive it until the 6th March.
    If anyone can please help me work out what to do I'd be ever so grateful.
    Thanks in advance,
    K
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Mar 17, 9:43 PM
    • 15,139 Posts
    • 19,055 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:43 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:43 PM
    check if they are BPA or IPC aos members, by checking those websites

then appeal using the appropriate template (there is one for each)

this will be turned down, but its the initial step so should be done as a paper exercise , do not expect it to work , a landholder complaint is your best method for a cancellation
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • K874
    • By K874 12th Mar 17, 10:03 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    K874
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:03 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:03 PM
    Thank you Redx - it does appear that they are a member of IPC.
    On the template that I think is the correct one it says * should you obtain the registered keeper's data from the DVLA without reasonable cause ( ie if you do not fully comply with the IPC Code of Practice in terms of signage at this site, as seems likely based on my research ) etc, etc .....'. Well - they have already obtained my husband's details - are they allowed to have done this? And how should I change the template according to that.
    Also, the timings of the 2 photographs they have are at 17.07.28 and 17.07.33 - so I feel as though there is no proof that he was actually parked there, as opposed to just dropping somebody off potentially.
    My husband is going to try to find the landholder's details tomorrow from his physio tomorrow so hopefully we can try that route.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Mar 17, 10:12 PM
    • 15,139 Posts
    • 19,055 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:12 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:12 PM
    "allowed" by who ?

any counter legal action would be retrospective , so the point of that paragraph is to warn them that a counter claim or action may result if they obtained those details without just cause in the first place, or subsequently

this is an unregulated industry , so by being a member of the IPC they are "allowed" to obtain those details, but whether it was "lawful" or not under the DPA remains to be seen

their KADOE contract "allows" them to obtain those details under strict rules, so unless you can prove they have broken those rules, then yes they would be "allowed" , but they may regret it if they have broken the DPA

we may not like it or agree with it, but that is a different matter and for now its not relevant

those templates should be used "as is" with little or NO alterations , so yes use the IPC template in black text (I knew which one it was but the point was to make you learn how to decide)

if the physio owns the land then the driver parked there with the landowners permission, so that could be added as an extra line, but if that physio does not own the land then they may not have had the authority to allow the driver to park there, so it is imperative that the driver finds out

UKCPM wont care, your appeal could say the moon is made of green cheese and they will still reject it , they wont actually read it, they will just use a template to reject it

there is no PROFIT in acceptance
    Last edited by Redx; 12-03-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • K874
    • By K874 12th Mar 17, 10:23 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    K874
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:23 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:23 PM
    Okay - thank you Redx. I appreciate you kindly pointing me in the right direction, but I have to admit my brain is still reeling from all the acronyms, and different information that is here. I will write the IPC letter, as is, and in the meantime will try to get the landowners details and appeal to them directly.
    I apologise if you read this and are frustrated by my inability to fully grasp everything correctly. I just feel like I'm totally bamboozled by all the advice so was hoping someone could put it in very simple terms.
    Am I right, though, in telling my husband that we shouldn't pay the charge just yet?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 12th Mar 17, 10:28 PM
    • 15,139 Posts
    • 19,055 Thanks
    Redx
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:28 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:28 PM
    I realise its new to you so have tried to simplify it, but you must realise that this is a complicated legal matter (like you see on RINDER on itv) and various laws and rules apply

the decision on paying is up to the person named on the invoice

Its not our job to tell a member what to do

I would not pay it if the circumstances described are correct, I would let a judge decide , especially if the person giving the parking permission owns the land and provides a sworn statement to that effect (but at the moment there is no proof they had the authority to grant such permission)

either way, the keeper or the driver may win in court on some other legal technicality, it happens all the time

it may be that the physio had no authority to issue such permission and the PPC might win in court , who knows ? I certainly dont and nobody else does too - court is a lottery , ask BARRY BEAVIS , he lost 3 times in 3 different courts to 10 out of 11 judges
    Last edited by Redx; 12-03-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    Newbies !!
    • K874
    • By K874 12th Mar 17, 10:31 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    K874
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:31 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:31 PM
    Okay - thank you again for your help. It is appreciated!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 17, 11:35 PM
    • 48,804 Posts
    • 62,310 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:35 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:35 PM
    Make a complaint to the landowner first. None of us here would pay this.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• K874
    • By K874 13th Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    K874
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    Thanks very much Coupon-mad....that's good to know that my instincts to not pay are the same as others out there.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 14th Mar 17, 7:09 AM
    • 10,054 Posts
    • 9,131 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Are there any signs in the car park and what do they say ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,825Posts Today

8,506Users online

Martin's Twitter