Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • knightstyle
    • By knightstyle 12th Mar 17, 7:48 PM
    • 4,315Posts
    • 1,594Thanks
    knightstyle
    0 WOW
    Day in Hull with teenager???
    • 12th Mar 17, 7:48 PM
    0 WOW
    Day in Hull with teenager??? 12th Mar 17 at 7:48 PM
    Our granddaughter is 17 and is visiting us next month, we are within easy reach of Hull and we thought that as it is the city of culture we would go for a day. We have only visited the Deep before so have no idea where to go or what to do.
    So what would your day include? By the way she like comic heroes, Comicon is the highlight of her year, modern art and of course pop music.
Page 1
    • ljonski
    • By ljonski 12th Mar 17, 9:02 PM
    • 3,216 Posts
    • 3,337 Thanks
    ljonski
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:02 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:02 PM
    I live in Hull. The blade is being removed next week but i forget where they are putting it.With the year of culture there is supposedly at least one event per day, although i have never been to any yet! i would check with a website on what is happening when you are there. believe me Hull is not a tourist place although numbers have increased this year apparently A walk over the Humber bridge should tire her out. ferens art gallery is ok now and there are plenty of museums.Nevertheless you usually only visited here if you had relatives or were boarding a ferry out of here . HTH

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/this-is-when-blade-will-leave-hull-and-how-it-will-be-moved/story-30196268-detail/story.html
    Last edited by ljonski; 13-03-2017 at 4:57 AM.
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
    • Tuesday Tenor
    • By Tuesday Tenor 13th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    • 970 Posts
    • 1,282 Thanks
    Tuesday Tenor
    • 13th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 10:48 PM
    I would send her the link and let her have a look at what's going on.

I picked a random date in April and there were over 30 different events through the day, so I'm sure she'll find something she wants to go to.... Very varied events at a lot of different venues.

https://www.hull2017.co.uk
    Worth looking at the section called 'the Story' as it explains about the themes for each quarter of the year.

The Saturday Review programme on Radio 4 featured it this week, and all the reviewers seemed bowled over by the range and quality of stuff going on there. So that's promising! Hope you have a great day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

129Posts Today

1,264Users online

Martin's Twitter