Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Loch87
    • By Loch87 12th Mar 17, 7:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Loch87
    Contravention 27
    • 12th Mar 17, 7:26 PM
    Contravention 27 12th Mar 17 at 7:26 PM
    Hi
    I hope somebody can help with this. We've just got a parking ticket from Hillingdon Council for being "parked in a special enforcement area adjacent to a dropped footway".

I had parked slightly in front of a dropped slope on the pavement (the one's with the bumps on them). There no signs, lines, or any other indication of parking restrictions, just a normal suburban road.

We would like to appeal. Does anybody have any suggestions for the grounds for appeal.
    Many Thanks
    Loch
Page 1
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 12th Mar 17, 8:08 PM
    • 2,141 Posts
    • 3,164 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 12th Mar 17, 8:08 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 8:08 PM
    They don't need to sign a dropped kerb you are supposed to know not to park in front of one.
    Those bumps are to let partially sighted or blind people that this is a place to cross the road as I understand it.

If you want further advice on this "real ticket" register on Pepipoo.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 17, 11:09 PM
    • 46,954 Posts
    • 60,309 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:09 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:09 PM
    Yep, post here with a picture of the PCN and showing whether you were just overhanging slightly (which can be OK, argued as minimal) or actually with a wheel blocking a driveway or crossover.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

HTH - do not use a hotmail email to register on pepipoo, you cannot post if you try that. DO show BOTH SIDES of your PCN.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Loch87
    • By Loch87 14th Mar 17, 7:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Loch87
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:05 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 7:05 PM
    I tried to register to the website above but it's asking me questions
    Mortaway speed limit plus non emergency police number
    I have put 70101 and 60101 but none of them doesn't seem to work. So I can't go ahead on the website.
    If you can please send me your email address or something else I can send you the pictures.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 17, 11:36 AM
    • 46,954 Posts
    • 60,309 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 15th Mar 17, 11:36 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 11:36 AM
    Can't do that - Try registering again as you will get different questions. Maybe it needs a gap between 70 and 101? Pepipoo is the expert forum.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Sirgaz
    • By Sirgaz 15th Mar 17, 11:48 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Sirgaz
    • 15th Mar 17, 11:48 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 11:48 AM
    You need to add the values together rather than combine them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,904Posts Today

5,468Users online

Martin's Twitter