Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • re14796
    • By re14796 12th Mar 17, 7:06 PM
    • 41Posts
    • 4Thanks
    re14796
    I hate my job
    • 12th Mar 17, 7:06 PM
    I hate my job 12th Mar 17 at 7:06 PM
    I am on temporary promotion at the moment, the work is very boring and the work is drying up. I was doing other tasks but a manager said I am not to do it. I just sit at my desk bored. The head of my company came in to the office and was speaking to the head of my current department, while the door was open to the head of my current department office the head of the company said just let me know if anyone is under performing.

Like it is a big joke? People could lose their jobs. We get emails everyday about things that we are doing wrong and what could happen if we do something wrong. It is not a nice environment. Now I am worried that I could be sacked.
Page 1
    • Bogalot
    • By Bogalot 12th Mar 17, 7:13 PM
    • 1,012 Posts
    • 2,554 Thanks
    Bogalot
    • 12th Mar 17, 7:13 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 7:13 PM
    Look for another job.

If you're looking for advice, you'll need to actually come back to the thread, unlike every other one you've started.
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 12th Mar 17, 9:03 PM
    • 2,568 Posts
    • 1,350 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:03 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:03 PM
    Now I am worried that I could be sacked.
    Originally posted by re14796
    Worst that can happen?

You are immediately available to work somewhere else straight away.
    Another company maybe better for giving you development or for the making of where you feel you want to go.
    They presumably have to pay you notice.
    Least the stirring won't be going on behind your back. (Got to be nothing worse surely)
    Least you may not dread another day.

People aren't in set positions for the long term any more 5 weeks of being a call taker, no body asked apart from seeing it on the rota I just got moved on to do other duties for the next 11 weeks as everyone has to multi skill so nothing is guaranteed any more, I have suddenly had to fight of feeling little more then a temp in a permanent role of many titles. Ignore the whispers until something gets written and don't let it take up any energy. Why make it easy for them if you are not really at above stage.
    "If you are caught in a rainstorm, once you accept that you'll receive a soaking, the only thing left to do is enjoy the walk"
    • re14796
    • By re14796 12th Mar 17, 9:39 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    re14796
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:39 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 9:39 PM
    Yeah I know so of my posts have not good. I am sorry.

We all make mistakes a work right? Not everyone gets in trouble for them do they?
    • Fireflyaway
    • By Fireflyaway 12th Mar 17, 10:34 PM
    • 712 Posts
    • 698 Thanks
    Fireflyaway
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:34 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:34 PM
    Well I hate my job too! I have to work, so my plan is to fake that all is OK at work and do whats expected whilst looking for another job. Knowing I am faking it somehow feels good and knowing I will be out of there one day keeps me going. Yeah I might hate my job but I am not being exploited, underpaid, abused,forced to work in dangerous conditions etc like millions the world over. Nobody died of boredom! Stop moaning and make a plan.
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 13th Mar 17, 7:52 AM
    • 3,211 Posts
    • 3,266 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:52 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:52 AM
    As with all jobs there are basically two options (1) Put up with it (2) Look for another job and move on. Only the OP can decide which route to take.
    There are pressures in all jobs, and getting p***** on from a great height is pretty standard too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,278Posts Today

7,509Users online

Martin's Twitter