Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Househelp
    • By Househelp 12th Mar 17, 6:59 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Househelp
    New build
    • 12th Mar 17, 6:59 PM
    New build 12th Mar 17 at 6:59 PM
    Hi,
    My partner and I are looking at purchasing a new build property, they are due to be completed at the year end of the developer and have 5 houses (all the same) left to sell.

Without asking they have offered the below;
    - pay stamp duty
    - £1000 towards solicitor fee
    - £7500 towards deposit
    - flooring throughout
    - garden turfed
    - outside tap
    - all white goods

As I am currently in a better situation as there are 5 houses left to sell. What else could I possibly request from the developer?

They are due to be completed in June, do you think I should wait and see if the price is reduced?

Thanks
Page 1
    • dgtazzman
    • By dgtazzman 12th Mar 17, 7:19 PM
    • 1,116 Posts
    • 669 Thanks
    dgtazzman
    • 12th Mar 17, 7:19 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 7:19 PM
    The grand towards solicitor, stamp duty paid and 7500 towards deposit could be problematic for some lenders, depending on the rest of the case. I think I'd be more inclined for a straight 10-15k discount from the asking price instead.

Other than that, it looks like a very good offer...
    • DaftyDuck
    • By DaftyDuck 12th Mar 17, 7:30 PM
    • 3,712 Posts
    • 7,490 Thanks
    DaftyDuck
    • 12th Mar 17, 7:30 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 7:30 PM
    It's only a good offer if (IF) the house is well-priced as well....

Just watch out for what flooring (cheap industrial carpet, or oak floorboards), what quality of white goods, etc.

Anyone offering fastback, money off, I'll just call the manager for the best deal... etc., check what the actual product is worth very carefully!
    • G_M
    • By G_M 12th Mar 17, 10:21 PM
    • 41,106 Posts
    • 47,246 Thanks
    G_M
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:21 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:21 PM
    If the property is over-priced, this could be a very bad offer. But very clever marketing.

And I doubt if the builder would make these offers, without being asked, unless the property was over-priced.
    Last edited by G_M; 12-03-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,824Posts Today

7,701Users online

Martin's Twitter