Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • martyp
    • By martyp 12th Mar 17, 4:03 PM
    • 679Posts
    • 82Thanks
    martyp
    MSE CEC end of tariff rate query
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:03 PM
    MSE CEC end of tariff rate query 12th Mar 17 at 4:03 PM
    Hi all,

I notice that having now selected Zog and Iresa as my new suppliers the amount I'd be due to pay at the end of my tariff would theoretically be less. I'm guessing that's due to those suppliers not having any standard tariff as such that you'd switch over to or are they what you would actually switch over to?
    Basically, it advises for Zog it'd go from Saturn 12 to Juniper and for Iresa it would go from Flex4 to Flex with a change from 606 to 597.
    I have it selected to use my current rate instead and suspect I wouldn't actually be paying less at the end of my tariff and it would be an unknown would I'm likely to pay at the end?
    Sorry, just unsure of this as only been with big suppliers before which had a standard tariff after the fix ended.
Page 1
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 12th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 3,211 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    Hi all,

I notice that having now selected Zog and Iresa as my new suppliers the amount I'd be due to pay at the end of my tariff would theoretically be less. I'm guessing that's due to those suppliers not having any standard tariff as such that you'd switch over to or are they what you would actually switch over to?
    Basically, it advises for Zog it'd go from Saturn 12 to Juniper and for Iresa it would go from Flex4 to Flex with a change from 606 to 597.
    I have it selected to use my current rate instead and suspect I wouldn't actually be paying less at the end of my tariff and it would be an unknown would I'm likely to pay at the end?
    Sorry, just unsure of this as only been with big suppliers before which had a standard tariff after the fix ended.
    Originally posted by martyp
    It would appear to be related to the default Iresa tariff assumed by the CEC.

It does not appear you can switch to this tariff as a new customer, but can be moved to it after your fixed term expires with Iresa.
    I cannot find the prices on the Iresa website for this tariff (Iresa say it's there, but it's not afaics), but the prices the CEC are indicating for this default tariff is certainly cheaper than any tariff I can see on their website.
    This begs the question whether or not the prices the CEC are showing for the default tariff is correct

I think, iirc, Zog did start off in a similar fashion, but now even brand new customers can switch to their default, standard variable tariff which is, as you point out, termed their Juniper tariff.
    But Juniper is way more expensive than anything else Zog offer. If you want the freedom to switch tariff without suffering early exit fees, choose Saturn. It's a fixed tariff, rather than a variable one, but if prices rise, you can be safe yours won't; if prices fall, switch
    • martyp
    • By martyp 13th Mar 17, 8:42 PM
    • 679 Posts
    • 82 Thanks
    martyp
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:42 PM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:42 PM
    Thanks footyguy, I think I'm happy with my choices for now, will have to see what happens at the end of the tariffs. I can't imagine anything cheaper coming out before then so might not be switching for a while
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,112Users online

Martin's Twitter