Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Simba-ali34
    • By Simba-ali34 12th Mar 17, 3:18 PM
    • 120Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Simba-ali34
    Confirming employment
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:18 PM
    Confirming employment 12th Mar 17 at 3:18 PM
    Hello,

So I have a mortgage in principle and have just applied for the full mortgage. I am wondering how the lender confirms employment apart from bank statements and payslips. This is because I heard it can take 4 weeks to complete but my boss is away for the forth week so won't be contactable giving me only 3 weeks and i don't want this to effect my chances.
Page 1
    • glosoli
    • By glosoli 12th Mar 17, 3:34 PM
    • 552 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    glosoli
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:34 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:34 PM
    They may not necessarily look to confirm your employment with them, unless you have been there for a short period, or are within a probationary period, or you are on maternity leave, or upon viewing your payslips they have reason for further investigation. Did they say they require a letter from your employer?
    • Simba-ali34
    • By Simba-ali34 12th Mar 17, 3:47 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Simba-ali34
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:47 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:47 PM
    It just says they will "Ask for references from employers, lenders, where applicable". I have sent a p60, 3 payslips and bank statements to my financial advisor.

Do they normally do employment searches early on in the process?
    • Sjc1973
    • By Sjc1973 12th Mar 17, 3:51 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 185 Thanks
    Sjc1973
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:51 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:51 PM
    When I applied for my mortgages they just checked bank statements and asked for 2 pay slips. I think it unlikely they are going to directly contact your employer. In your case, they said 'where applicable'. They may not need to if you have gave them what you said you had.
    Last edited by Sjc1973; 12-03-2017 at 3:54 PM.
    • Simba-ali34
    • By Simba-ali34 12th Mar 17, 3:59 PM
    • 120 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Simba-ali34
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:59 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:59 PM
    I hope so because it's a small company and I work with the owner who is really the only one who can sign anything confirming employment and he will be away the 4th week of the process, so hopefully if they need anything it will be sooner rather than later!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,299Posts Today

7,969Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin