Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mgxeab
    • By mgxeab 12th Mar 17, 2:51 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 3Thanks
    mgxeab
    Kensington Mortgages application advise
    • 12th Mar 17, 2:51 PM
    Kensington Mortgages application advise 12th Mar 17 at 2:51 PM
    We are in week 3 of our application and provided all outstanding documents and answers to questions.

Does Kensington conduct an onsite visit (valuation fee paid 450) and will the broker know about it? Or do they conduct the valuation and we only hear back when they have an offer?

Also, my adverse credit history is 6 years and over. So far we have had credit checks done and no queries. Documentation also all provided. Our personal affordability is also above average. Under the circumstances only valuation left which could impact our application success or could there be any other issues? Many thanks
Page 1
    • Keezing
    • By Keezing 12th Mar 17, 4:03 PM
    • 261 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    Keezing
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:03 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:03 PM
    Why did you pick Kensington?
    • ACG
    • By ACG 12th Mar 17, 4:45 PM
    • 15,235 Posts
    • 7,701 Thanks
    ACG
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:45 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:45 PM
    Why have you applied to kensington for adverse over 6 years old?

The last time I used Kensington, they instructed the val after the underwriting was complete.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • mgxeab
    • By mgxeab 12th Mar 17, 5:57 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mgxeab
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:57 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:57 PM
    The 6 year period completed in Dec 2016 and Feb 2017 - we applied through a broker in Nov 2016, so these were still on the file. And our broker said the dates still need to be fed into the system which meant that Kensington was our only choice. Of course in 2 years time we will be in a much improved and hopefully clear from adverse history so will broaden our search.

Thank you for the replies. My question was that I am assuming the broker doesn't hear about the valuation? And also as long as valuation is fine, we should be all good to go?
    • ACG
    • By ACG 12th Mar 17, 6:10 PM
    • 15,235 Posts
    • 7,701 Thanks
    ACG
    • 12th Mar 17, 6:10 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 6:10 PM
    I am still not sure Kensington were the best shout for a 5 year old default, seems a little overkill.

You would find out if the valuation was ok when the offer is issued. The broker can chase beforehand, best to leave it 24-48 hours after it gets carried out.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
    • mgxeab
    • By mgxeab 12th Mar 17, 6:26 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mgxeab
    • 12th Mar 17, 6:26 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 6:26 PM
    Cheers. Yep I know, but I actually got the same results from about 3 different brokers so maybe there is some reason behind it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

21Posts Today

3,539Users online

Martin's Twitter