Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stoozie1
    • By stoozie1 12th Mar 17, 1:46 PM
    • 187Posts
    • 79Thanks
    stoozie1
    SIPP minimum pot size query
    • 12th Mar 17, 1:46 PM
    SIPP minimum pot size query 12th Mar 17 at 1:46 PM
    Hi,

I have tried various Google searches but to no avail.

I spoke to a CS rep at Fidelity who advised me that the minimum pot size for a Fidelity SIPP to be crystallised is 75000 pot size and the owner to be 55 (rising to 57 in 2028).

I have tried to find the minimum pot size in Martin's article and in the online PDFs for AJ Bell, Bestinvest and HL but can't find it.

Can anyone advise if there is no minimum pot size, or what it is if there is one?

Many thanks
Page 1
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 12th Mar 17, 2:12 PM
    • 11,785 Posts
    • 9,733 Thanks
    zagfles
    • 12th Mar 17, 2:12 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 2:12 PM
    There probably isn't one if they don't mention it. Give them a ring to be sure (HL are very helpful on the phone, don't know about the others).
    • greenglide
    • By greenglide 12th Mar 17, 8:18 PM
    • 2,637 Posts
    • 1,658 Thanks
    greenglide
    • 12th Mar 17, 8:18 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 8:18 PM
    I "think" that you can withdraw money from their SIPP via a UFPLS but you cannot use conventional drawdown without having their minium pot size subject to some other rules.

This is my interpretation of their rules but I could be wrong.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

490Posts Today

5,467Users online

Martin's Twitter