Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • littlerock
    • By littlerock 12th Mar 17, 1:14 PM
    • 1,003Posts
    • 162Thanks
    littlerock
    Laptop 8.1 keeps dropping wifi connection
    • 12th Mar 17, 1:14 PM
    Laptop 8.1 keeps dropping wifi connection 12th Mar 17 at 1:14 PM
    I have a lenovo laptop about 2 years old running windows 8.1. When using it at home I have difficulty making a wifi from it to my home server and even when made, it keeps dropping the connection.

I have looked this up on line and a lot of people have complained about this, suggesting it is a 8.1 issue. I have not found an obvious solution. Elsewhere I have found suggestions that if there is more than one wifi address stored, then a glitch in 8.1 means it keeps switching between them. So I got rid of all of the links except my home wifi, but the problem remains.

OH's windows 7 laptop works fine on home wifi as do our android phones and tablets. Anyone got any ideas what the problem is and how to fix it? i
Page 1
    • were
    • By were 12th Mar 17, 1:40 PM
    • 311 Posts
    • 183 Thanks
    were
    • 12th Mar 17, 1:40 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 1:40 PM
    Goto iobit and download the FREE driver scanner update thing. It won't update but will inform you of newer whq drivers that will hopefully be better. Once you know of that new and possibly better ones exits the rest should be easy. If the new drivers come down as an exe or msi from suppliers site then run the as admin.

*OK, I used a different one than above, but using google found this
    https://www.lifewire.com/free-driver-updater-tools-2619206

I, in the past, used the first one - Driver Booster
    Last edited by were; 12-03-2017 at 5:21 PM. Reason: * now at home no longer typing on mobie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

94Posts Today

1,867Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin