Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • itsalldrivingmemad
    • By itsalldrivingmemad 12th Mar 17, 12:13 PM
    • 278Posts
    • 775Thanks
    itsalldrivingmemad
    Using up mandarin oranges
    • 12th Mar 17, 12:13 PM
    Using up mandarin oranges 12th Mar 17 at 12:13 PM
    I have 25 mandarin oranges tiny Ines that have gone a bit shrivelled looking.

Any ideas what I could do with them. The kids won't eat them as the peel 'doesn't look right to them 😩

Tia
Page 1
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 12th Mar 17, 12:19 PM
    • 9,412 Posts
    • 101,584 Thanks
    LameWolf
    • 12th Mar 17, 12:19 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 12:19 PM
    If you have the patience to sit and peel them all, what about a mandarin crumble? I've made orange crumble before, and mandarins are just a form of tiny orange, so I reckon it'd work.
    If there's not enough fruit there for that once they're peeled, use a small Bramley apple in the bottom of the dish first for apple'n'orange crumble.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • itsalldrivingmemad
    • By itsalldrivingmemad 12th Mar 17, 12:25 PM
    • 278 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    itsalldrivingmemad
    • 12th Mar 17, 12:25 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 12:25 PM
    Ooo that sounds good thank you. We can dry the peel to use as firelighters ��
    • C J
    • By C J 12th Mar 17, 12:35 PM
    • 1,054 Posts
    • 4,658 Thanks
    C J
    • 12th Mar 17, 12:35 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 12:35 PM
    You could make a citrus and chocolate version of tiramisu - mix a couple of spoons of drinking chocolate powder with warm water and when dissolved sprinkle half of it over some boudoir sponge finger biscuits. Then top with the peeled satsuma segments (and any juice) and smother with a mixture of beaten cream cheese and yogurt. Repeat the layers. You could zhuzh it up with a drizzle of carton orange juice on the biscuits, or add some grated chocolate maybe.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • monnagran
    • By monnagran 12th Mar 17, 1:11 PM
    • 2,609 Posts
    • 32,949 Thanks
    monnagran
    • 12th Mar 17, 1:11 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 1:11 PM
    I have just used some past-their-best clementines to make 6 jars of Clementine marmalade. Could you try it with mandarins?
    I made the Clementine Marmalade (with added Cointreau) as Christmas presents last year. It was enthusiastically received.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

243Posts Today

2,212Users online

Martin's Twitter