Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Ali67
    • By Ali67 12th Mar 17, 10:31 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ali67
    Viagogo dud tickets
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:31 AM
    Viagogo dud tickets 12th Mar 17 at 10:31 AM
    Can anyone help with an issue I'm having with Viagogo issue please?
    Bought 3 tickets on 10th for gig at O2 on 11th March. Emailed to me and printed.
    Turned up, had great meal. Tried to then enter the venue and was told tickets void, they had also been sold by Viagogo on Stub-hub
    Contacted their helpline who promised to call me back immediately, 20 minutes later call came back to say sorry no replacement tickets available as gig sold out. Nothing they could do. They would refund my money, and that was it. No manager available apparently to talk to me.
    Having travelled 55 miles to concert, this was not what I wanted to hear.
    On advice from O2 staff who said it was not sold out, I went to the O2 box office and bought 3 more tickets at 3 times the price and we then went in.
    During gig I had an email for the dreaded Viagogo saying the were organising refund of ticket price and a £50 voucher.
    Can any one tell me how I stand as they could not provide replacement tickets please??
Page 1
    • swingaloo
    • By swingaloo 12th Mar 17, 4:18 PM
    • 1,727 Posts
    • 3,081 Thanks
    swingaloo
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:18 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:18 PM
    Viagogo do not sell on Stubhub, they are 2 seperate outlets where touts can sell tickets. The person that you bought them from must have put them on both sites and sold them twice.
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 12th Mar 17, 5:15 PM
    • 7,536 Posts
    • 5,330 Thanks
    esuhl
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:15 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:15 PM
    I think you should be able to sue the seller for "loss of bargain" and claim for the extra money you had to pay.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Mar 17, 5:19 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 2,434 Thanks
    waamo
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:19 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:19 PM
    You went to the gig. You had a refund plus a £50 voucher for the inconvenience. What more do you want?
    This space for hire.
    • p00hsticks
    • By p00hsticks 12th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    • 5,589 Posts
    • 5,134 Thanks
    p00hsticks
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:33 PM
    You went to the gig. You had a refund plus a £50 voucher for the inconvenience. What more do you want?
    Originally posted by waamo
    The OP says they had to pay three times the price of the original tickets to finally get in, so I'm guessing they're looking for the difference in price between what they had paid originally and what they then had to pay again...
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 2,434 Thanks
    waamo
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    Viagogo are upmarket touts. They resell tickets they don't own. The OP purchased official tickets from the venue at the official price.

Viagogo are Swiss based. Good luck if you want to sue them. Getting £50 out of them isn't bad.
    This space for hire.
    • Frattonend
    • By Frattonend 14th Mar 17, 5:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Frattonend
    • 14th Mar 17, 5:13 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 5:13 PM
    Hi. I have bought tickets for an event in July and getting increasingly worried about all the poor reviews I'm seeing about Viagogo. Spent all afternoon trying to find a phone number but every number cuts you off if the event is more than 72 hours ago. Just want to talk to a human being. HELP
    • waamo
    • By waamo 14th Mar 17, 11:59 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 2,434 Thanks
    waamo
    • 14th Mar 17, 11:59 PM
    • 14th Mar 17, 11:59 PM
    Why do you want to talk to them? Have you received your tickets? If so what's the problem?
    This space for hire.
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 15th Mar 17, 9:34 AM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 3,113 Thanks
    Oakdene
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:34 AM
    • 15th Mar 17, 9:34 AM
    Hang on you're saying the O2 charged you 3 times the FV of the tickets from thier own box office??
    • Frattonend
    • By Frattonend 15th Mar 17, 2:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Frattonend
    Ok got your drift. There are so many negative comments about Viagogo customer service that I am worried if I will ever get my tickets in time for an event on the 1st July and just need assurances from them this will happen. Lack of telephone numbers and access to talking to someone makes me really worried. Need all the help I can get.
    • RickT001
    • By RickT001 10th May 17, 10:18 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    RickT001
    I wonder if somebody could tell me what my rights are with Viagogo. I purchased tickets for a event in November this year. Knew I'd paid well over face value but were front row seats as a gift. Tickets arrived and they are for Stalls towards the back. I informed by email straight away (as per previous poster no phone contact available) finally today, two months later having messaged them 11 times I recieved these "options" from them;

partial refund. You could either:
    Option #1 - Receive £65 to the payment method used when purchasing the ticket(s)

Option #2 - Receive a voucher for £75, which would be valid for a year and can be redeemed against any ticket(s)

Option #3 - You may return the ticket(s) and we will attempt to find replacement ticket(s). If you choose this, we ask that you return the tickets you have received to the following address:

Option 3 doesn't specify I will receive any form of refund. If I choose Option 2 I will be paying £85 for a ticket with a face value of £45, plus these tickets are still on general sale by the venue.

I believe I have a right to a complete refund end of as I have not recieved the goods I've paid for (all be it viagogo have been stitched up by the seller probably) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th May 17, 11:01 PM
    • 2,016 Posts
    • 2,434 Thanks
    waamo
    Take whichever option suits you best. These are upmarket touts. As such any kind of refund is a bonus.
    This space for hire.
    • Voyager2002
    • By Voyager2002 11th May 17, 11:40 AM
    • 11,572 Posts
    • 7,826 Thanks
    Voyager2002
    I wonder if somebody could tell me what my rights are with Viagogo. I purchased tickets for a event in November this year. Knew I'd paid well over face value but were front row seats as a gift. Tickets arrived and they are for Stalls towards the back. I informed by email straight away (as per previous poster no phone contact available) finally today, two months later having messaged them 11 times I recieved these "options" from them;

partial refund. You could either:
    Option #1 - Receive £65 to the payment method used when purchasing the ticket(s)

Option #2 - Receive a voucher for £75, which would be valid for a year and can be redeemed against any ticket(s)

Option #3 - You may return the ticket(s) and we will attempt to find replacement ticket(s). If you choose this, we ask that you return the tickets you have received to the following address:

Option 3 doesn't specify I will receive any form of refund. If I choose Option 2 I will be paying £85 for a ticket with a face value of £45, plus these tickets are still on general sale by the venue.

I believe I have a right to a complete refund end of as I have not recieved the goods I've paid for (all be it viagogo have been stitched up by the seller probably) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Originally posted by RickT001
    Presumably the vouchers would only be for tickets that they sell, and I would imagine that you never want to buy anything from them again. So the cash refund is better than a 'kick in the teeth', and a seat at the rear of the stalls is still a good seat. Failing that, if you paid by card (credit or debit) you could contact your card issuer about a charge-back on the basis that the goods supplied were not as described.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

1,131Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin