Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nadder
    • By Nadder 12th Mar 17, 8:58 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Nadder
    Collecting money for charity event
    • 12th Mar 17, 8:58 AM
    Collecting money for charity event 12th Mar 17 at 8:58 AM
    A friend and I are putting on an event for 80 people at a restaurant to raise money for a charity. The restaurant will cover costs and the bulk of the ticket money will got to the charity.
    Now the event has started being 'shared' and people I don't know want to buy tickets, I am unsure how to collect the money. (Friends are quite happy to pay direct into my bank account or give me cash). I need to be able to split each ticket cost between the restaurant and the charity, and allow for the possibility of refunds in case the event is cancelled.
    I have looked into bank accounts, and seems I would need to create a constitution, have a minimum of 3 Board members and minuted meetings which seems overkill for a one-off event.
    Any thoughts? Thank you.
Page 1
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 13th Mar 17, 2:36 AM
    • 37,415 Posts
    • 33,749 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:36 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 2:36 AM
    Eventbrite? I know there's a fee for paid-for events, and I don't (apologies) know if there are restrictions for the kind of account money can be paid into, but it certainly seems the most common solution these days!
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 1 shawl, 2 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure, 1 sock ...
    Current projects: 1 shawl, t'other sock (just about to turn the heel!)
    • paddyrg
    • By paddyrg 18th Mar 17, 7:07 PM
    • 12,957 Posts
    • 11,033 Thanks
    paddyrg
    • 18th Mar 17, 7:07 PM
    • 18th Mar 17, 7:07 PM
    Eventbrite are indeed excellent for this - you'll pay them a charge but you can push that to the buyer (like a booking fee), you can release different tiers of tickets, you can have special access codes and discount codes and even campaign codes...

They're currently best of breed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

824Posts Today

7,200Users online

Martin's Twitter