Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hoploz
    • By Hoploz 12th Mar 17, 4:39 AM
    • 3,529Posts
    • 3,119Thanks
    Hoploz
    Wood panelling / bath?
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:39 AM
    Wood panelling / bath? 12th Mar 17 at 4:39 AM
    Really want a cottage look in new bathroom when it's built,

Tongue and groove panelling was what I had in mind, perhaps mdf matchboard?

Can this be made waterproof enough to have next to bath? (Thinking of a roll top but it will be right next to the wall so likely to get splashed.)

Shower cubicle will have to be tiled I suppose, unless anyone can recommend a cottagey alternative.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Page 1
    • greenbee
    • By greenbee 12th Mar 17, 6:54 AM
    • 12,090 Posts
    • 214,757 Thanks
    greenbee
    • 12th Mar 17, 6:54 AM
    • 12th Mar 17, 6:54 AM
    I have mdf panelling on my bath (and round the walls). You can get a moisture resistant version - but do make sure you buy the correct one!
    • phill99
    • By phill99 12th Mar 17, 10:23 AM
    • 7,956 Posts
    • 7,190 Thanks
    phill99
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:23 AM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:23 AM
    You can buy a t & g bath panel that is white lacquer coated. If you have to cut it, remember to seal the exposed edges with mastic
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
    • Hoploz
    • By Hoploz 12th Mar 17, 10:53 AM
    • 3,529 Posts
    • 3,119 Thanks
    Hoploz
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:53 AM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:53 AM
    Thanks ... The cladding/panelling would be on the walls all around the room - including the wall next to the bath.

No bath panel with the roll top bath.
    • Furts
    • By Furts 13th Mar 17, 7:26 AM
    • 3,478 Posts
    • 2,177 Thanks
    Furts
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:26 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:26 AM
    I have used Birch WBP Plywood. Then sealed it all with varnish. This ply means light colour and no knots - pretty neutral in appearance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

78Posts Today

2,058Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin