Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jivesinger
    • By Jivesinger 11th Mar 17, 10:58 PM
    • 1,185Posts
    • 711Thanks
    Jivesinger
    Windows Vista support ends in a month:11 April 2017
    • 11th Mar 17, 10:58 PM
    Windows Vista support ends in a month:11 April 2017 11th Mar 17 at 10:58 PM
    Just a heads-up for anyone using Windows Vista who wasn't aware already.

Vista goes out of support in a month's time, with 11 April 2017 being the last day of support.

(As when Windows XP went out of support, you could argue that a Vista machine is only any worse off in May 2017, because it probably wouldn't have had any patches before then in any case.)

Microsoft's take on it is here, although unsurprisingly they suggest Windows 10 is the answer:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/22882

Some people will decide to stick with Vista and take the risk, some will upgrade the machine or the OS, but whatever you do, for Vista users it's time to decide.
Page 3
    • EdGasketTheSecond
    • By EdGasketTheSecond 17th Jul 17, 9:26 AM
    • 190 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    EdGasketTheSecond
    Thanks Nifty Digits; I got around to installing Windows 7 from the image you provided and it works 100%. Thank you so much!

(EdGasket got banned for quoting some truths; can't do that in this Politically correct state; so EdGasketThe Second has had to take up the reigns!)
    • WAYT
    • By WAYT 17th Jul 17, 7:30 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    WAYT
    Thanks Nifty Digits; I got around to installing Windows 7 from the image you provided and it works 100%. Thank you so much!

(EdGasket got banned for quoting some truths; can't do that in this Politically correct state; so EdGasketThe Second has had to take up the reigns!)
    Originally posted by EdGasketTheSecond
    Only took sixteen weeks, but good to see that you got there in the end.
    • WAYT
    • By WAYT 17th Jul 17, 7:32 PM
    • 511 Posts
    • 219 Thanks
    WAYT
    I've been getting the alerts about support for Vista OS coming to an end but wasn't sure of the date.
    It came with a Dell laptop which although the screen is hanging off I'm loath to get rid of as it's handy for me having a built-in drive.
    Thanks for the info NiftyDigits, will check it out...
    Originally posted by Mee
    How about you? Then perhaps you can buy a new screen bezel for £6 if that is what is missing, to make her pretty again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,255Posts Today

6,785Users online

Martin's Twitter