Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Vbuz
    • By Vbuz 11th Mar 17, 7:55 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Vbuz
    Learner Driver Insurance
    • 11th Mar 17, 7:55 PM
    Learner Driver Insurance 11th Mar 17 at 7:55 PM
    I want to get learner driver insurance and be supervised by my boyfriend on his car. Here's a thing - you need driving license for at least 3 years - he has got for 2 and a half year and is owner and main policy holder. His parents are insured on that car as well. My question is: Can i be supervised by named driver (his parents) who has driving license for 30 years even when car owner and main policyholder on that car has driving license for only 2.5?
Page 1
    • Lorian
    • By Lorian 11th Mar 17, 8:25 PM
    • 3,979 Posts
    • 2,148 Thanks
    Lorian
    • 11th Mar 17, 8:25 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 8:25 PM
    http://www.admiral.com/learner-driver-insurance/#

Click on "any questions"

Quidco do cashback on this policy
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 11th Mar 17, 8:35 PM
    • 31,543 Posts
    • 15,550 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 11th Mar 17, 8:35 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 8:35 PM
    I want to get learner driver insurance and be supervised by my boyfriend on his car. Here's a thing - you need driving license for at least 3 years - he has got for 2 and a half year and is owner and main policy holder. His parents are insured on that car as well. My question is: Can i be supervised by named driver (his parents) who has driving license for 30 years even when car owner and main policyholder on that car has driving license for only 2.5?
    Originally posted by Vbuz
    Your bf cannot supervise you till he has had his licence for 3 years.

You can use any other qualified supervisor.

(Your "supervisor" doesn't have to be insured to drive the car - though it's advisable as at some stage the supervisor might need to take over from you if you get into any state where you cannot continue)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,622Posts Today

8,914Users online

Martin's Twitter