Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 11th Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    • 4,661Posts
    • 6,216Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    If you had the money
    • 11th Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    If you had the money 11th Mar 17 at 7:44 PM

If you had as much money to SPARE, as the amount of posts you have made.
    What would you spend it on?
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
Page 3
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 17th Mar 17, 10:28 PM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 6,216 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Dyno-rod tomorrow I'm afraid.
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam5; 23-03-2017 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Quoting deleted post
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 18th Mar 17, 12:14 PM
    • 12,799 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    onlyroz
    Dyno-rod tomorrow I'm afraid.
    Originally posted by Tipsntreats
    I'm going to the DIY shop to buy a snake device later (called an auger, I think). If that fails then we'll have to call in a plumber.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 18th Mar 17, 2:26 PM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 6,216 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    I'm going to the DIY shop to buy a snake device later (called an auger, I think). If that fails then we'll have to call in a plumber.
    Originally posted by onlyroz
    Have you checked the Manhole?
    I so hope it doesn't end up costing you a lot of money.
    Try pouring some caustic soda(powder) down the man hole. You can buy caustic soda from Poundland.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 18th Mar 17, 5:24 PM
    • 12,799 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    onlyroz
    Have you checked the Manhole?
    I so hope it doesn't end up costing you a lot of money.
    Try pouring some caustic soda(powder) down the man hole. You can buy caustic soda from Poundland.
    Tips x
    Tried caustic soda. The blockage must be in the bathroom cos the shower is fine but the loo fills up when we run the tap on the sink. The snake thing goes fine down the sink but I can't get it far down the toilet (although I don't know if it has hit the blockage or if it has got caught on a bend). I think it's time to call in the pros, after having spent the afternoon with plungers and mops and buckets, and got nowhere.
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 18th Mar 17, 7:28 PM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 6,216 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Tried caustic soda. The blockage must be in the bathroom cos the shower is fine but the loo fills up when we run the tap on the sink. The snake thing goes fine down the sink but I can't get it far down the toilet (although I don't know if it has hit the blockage or if it has got caught on a bend). I think it's time to call in the pros, after having spent the afternoon with plungers and mops and buckets, and got nowhere.
    This happened to my friend. Somehow the roots of a neighbours tree, penetrated the manhole Major expense.
    If it is inside, then hopefully it wont be so costly. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • professor~yaffle
    • By professor~yaffle 18th Mar 17, 7:36 PM
    • 292 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    professor~yaffle
    Was it Red Adair who said if you think it's expensive to call a professional, just wait till you hire an amateur?

I hope you get your khazi fixed soon, anyway. Sounds pretty grim.
    (not a new member, can't access my old account!)
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 18th Mar 17, 7:44 PM
    • 4,142 Posts
    • 3,438 Thanks
    Sleazy
    Make sure you don't drink the water .... I did that in Nepal and lost 4kg in a week due to dysentery ..... maybe THAT's my diet solution ..... may I come round to take a sample please?
    Signed Sleazy
    Otherwise known as the Lounge Lizard
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 18th Mar 17, 7:48 PM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 6,216 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Make sure you don't drink the water .... I did that in Nepal and lost 4kg in a week due to dysentery ..... maybe THAT's my diet solution ..... may I come round to take a sample please?
    Originally posted by Sleazy
    You did what?
    No I must have misread
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 18th Mar 17, 7:49 PM
    • 12,799 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    onlyroz
    Yeah, I was just thinking I could fancy a glass of the murky brown liquid in my bog bowl
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 18th Mar 17, 7:59 PM
    • 4,142 Posts
    • 3,438 Thanks
    Sleazy
    You did what?
    No I must have misread
    Swimming in a river with 'bits' floating. I'm guessing that I must have swallowed a bit ....
    Signed Sleazy
    Otherwise known as the Lounge Lizard
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 18th Mar 17, 8:02 PM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 6,216 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Swimming in a river with 'bits' floating. I'm guessing that I must have swallowed a bit ....
    Oh how

Now I have that thought.
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • professor~yaffle
    • By professor~yaffle 18th Mar 17, 8:20 PM
    • 292 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    professor~yaffle
    Ewwwwwww!!!!!

You know, I don't even swim in the sea for that reason. I'm sure there must be turds floating around in there. And my friend won't swim in the pool as he doesn't like the chlorine. I haven't been swimming for ages now.
    (not a new member, can't access my old account!)
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 21st Mar 17, 11:09 PM
    • 12,799 Posts
    • 24,135 Thanks
    onlyroz
    Just incas me anyone's remotely interested, we got our bog cleared today. It took the guy three hours and it cost us £225, but I can now get up in the night for a wee without having to go downstairs <hooray>
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 22nd Mar 17, 7:30 PM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 6,216 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Just incas me anyone's remotely interested, we got our bog cleared today. It took the guy three hours and it cost us £225, but I can now get up in the night for a wee without having to go downstairs <hooray>
    Thank goodness for that. Thank-you for coming back and letting us know. I was thinking of you.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 23rd Mar 17, 9:10 AM
    • 7,480 Posts
    • 30,227 Thanks
    Flick216
    Either a boob job (reduction and uplift) or a new laptop, my holiday to Madeira in November and then put the rest towards my 50th birthday trip to Vegas in 2019.
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 23rd Mar 17, 12:20 PM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 6,216 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Either a boob job (reduction and uplift) or a new laptop, my holiday to Madeira in November and then put the rest towards my 50th birthday trip to Vegas in 2019.
    Originally posted by Flick216
    Flick that was So honest. I would opt for the new laptop, at least that is less intrusive.
    Vegas eh? I hope the exchange rate is better by then.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • Flick216
    • By Flick216 23rd Mar 17, 12:23 PM
    • 7,480 Posts
    • 30,227 Thanks
    Flick216
    Flick that was So honest. I would opt for the new laptop, at least that is less intrusive.
    Vegas eh? I hope the exchange rate is better by then.
    Tips x
    Well yes - it is less intrusive - but I am fed up with cleaning the floor every time I take my bra off
    ENFP - Assertive
    Officially in a clique of idiots

Smoke me a kipper; I'll be back for breakfast
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 23rd Mar 17, 12:30 PM
    • 4,661 Posts
    • 6,216 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Well yes - it is less intrusive - but I am fed up with cleaning the floor every time I take my bra off
    Originally posted by Flick216
    Oh my
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,592Posts Today

7,083Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Off to Torremolinos? I'm filming my roadshow there next Fri 28th during the day then in Branigans at 5pm. Want to come? Let @itvmlshow know

• Follow Martin