Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Steve_S
    • By Steve_S 11th Mar 17, 7:00 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Steve_S
    Green Star Energy
    • 11th Mar 17, 7:00 PM
    Green Star Energy 11th Mar 17 at 7:00 PM
    Has anyone heard of them or used them? Coming up cheapest on uswitch for me but not heard of them before.
Page 1
    • A.Penny.Saved
    • By A.Penny.Saved 11th Mar 17, 7:42 PM
    • 1,596 Posts
    • 843 Thanks
    A.Penny.Saved
    • 11th Mar 17, 7:42 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 7:42 PM
    I am with them ATM for electric but I am current in the process of switching away.

The negative points:
    1/ When I joined them for a 2 year price fix, they could not get my Direct Debit setup, it took them many months with many telephone calls for them to get it setup correctly.
    2/ Their meter readers are very unprofessional. They telephoned me to arrange to read the meter all done properly and they identified themselves, I think that this might of been for a meter check. I was unavailable for reasons I could not help. They then telephoned me again repeatedly every day, would not identify themselves or leave any messages. I only managed to work out that it MIGHT be them by the telephone number after searching the web for the phone number.

They left one answer phone message saying call us on ###### without identifying who they were or what they wanted. I have never come across such an unprofessional company as their meter readers. I complained to Greenstar about this.

Utter incompetence from start to end. I will be glad to see the back of them TBH.

Have you tried the MSE energy comparison? It might show different results as some comparison sites only provide results that pay them whereas MSE provides other none paying energy companies.
    • Steve_S
    • By Steve_S 12th Mar 17, 10:07 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Steve_S
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:07 AM
    • 12th Mar 17, 10:07 AM
    Thank, tried the mse energy comparison and most of the cheapest ones i've not heard of so not sure who to go with!
    • gsmlnx
    • By gsmlnx 12th Mar 17, 11:14 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    gsmlnx
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:14 AM
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:14 AM
    @steve_s
    The feedback thread for Green Star is http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4765172
    • A.Penny.Saved
    • By A.Penny.Saved 12th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 1,596 Posts
    • 843 Thanks
    A.Penny.Saved
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 3:12 PM
    Thank, tried the mse energy comparison and most of the cheapest ones i've not heard of so not sure who to go with!
    Originally posted by Steve_S
    It depends upon what you need and how important the price is to you.

Some of them are fairly small with relatively poor customer support. Things might not go as smoothly as the bigger energy companies but their prices are often significantly lower especially as the smaller companies do not have the additional costs such as energy saving measures that they have to implement. This is how the smaller companies can offer the lower prices.

There is some protection for people who join these smaller companies if they go out of business. No money should be lost and people get transferred to other providers and any credit on the account is preserved. Therefore I think it comes down to customer service and what you are prepared to put up with. If you want excellent customer service then you pay a premium for it.

BTW I am in the processes of switching to Iresa where the customer service is very poor IMO. Hopefully things go smoothly enough that it is worth the much lower cost. Time will tell on this though......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

41Posts Today

3,635Users online

Martin's Twitter