Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • charjack123
    • By charjack123 11th Mar 17, 5:50 PM
    • 39Posts
    • 17Thanks
    charjack123
    Have you ever cut a holiday short and gone home early?
    • 11th Mar 17, 5:50 PM
    Have you ever cut a holiday short and gone home early? 11th Mar 17 at 5:50 PM
    If so for what reason?
Page 2
    • onlyroz
    • By onlyroz 12th Mar 17, 7:03 PM
    • 12,674 Posts
    • 23,874 Thanks
    onlyroz
    We were one day into a Cornwall holiday a few years back when hubby fell down the stairs and broke his knee. We spent a day queuing in the minor injuries unit in Liskard to get an x-ray before we went home.
    • donnajunkie
    • By donnajunkie 12th Mar 17, 11:21 PM
    • 24,894 Posts
    • 13,228 Thanks
    donnajunkie
    Nearly got a school camping trip cut short because it had rained a lot. A teacher said do you want to go home early. We all responded no way. The trip was Sunday to Saturday and they were wanting to call it off on the Tuesday. I wasn't impressed and was glad we stayed.
    • catkins
    • By catkins 13th Mar 17, 7:29 AM
    • 5,313 Posts
    • 11,083 Thanks
    catkins
    About ten years ago me and OH were on a campsite in Cornwall in June. It poured (and I mean poured) every day. After a week we had had enough and came home.

We wanted to come home early when we went to Glasgow but due to strong winds there were no planes. I actually burst into tears when I was told that
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 13th Mar 17, 10:47 AM
    • 6,098 Posts
    • 11,224 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    Aged 12, I was on a school residential stay where I slipped down the last few steps of the hotel stairs on the 2nd full day there and badly twisted my ankle. Could not put on any weight onto it. As the residential was about walking loads especially in Northumberland, the teachers thought it was best for me to go home. I went by taxi 230 miles back home. Goodness who paid for the taxi and goodness knows how much it was!

Naturally I was gutted
    • MrsLWW
    • By MrsLWW 13th Mar 17, 1:04 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    MrsLWW
    I've done it a couple of times. Went in low season for a winter break to Portugal. Staying at a "5 star resort", food was pretty poor but the main bug bear for me was serving soft drinks out of 2l bottles - unless you got the 1st drink out of it it was usually flatter than a witches t*t! Never seemed to be in the fridge so was always Luke warm and so was the white wine (unless white wine is ice cold it gives me he heave - don't know about anyone else). Having always taken a winter holiday in Cyprus (where there is usually still a few places open - in Paphos region anyway) we were a bit dismayed that absolutely everything was closed. The nail in the coffin was being told to use the pool we MUST use swimming caps and being handed a minging used hat i lost it and booked flights home after 5 days. Add to the fact we had just bought a new house, we were delighted to get home.

Other than that, i came home early from Tenerife last year. Went with sister, brother in law, mum and my husband. My sister and brother-in-law​ were straight down the beach all day everyday, didn't want to leave my mum but my husband and I weren't getting out to do anything. It was also a little too hot for me so I was bored and decided I'd rather be home than sat with my face tripping me, so i got a flight home myself and had a weeks bliss sitting at home doing very little!

Off to Greece this year with our best friends and our nephew - can't wait!
    My parents always said "If you can't afford it cash, you can't afford it!" so true!
    .... mind you, turns out we can't afford much lol

Total debt Jan2017: £21,249 Feb2017: £20,953 March17:£19,223
    • tommix
    • By tommix 13th Mar 17, 1:10 PM
    • 33,846 Posts
    • 137,966 Thanks
    tommix
    I had to cut short a holiday in Mombassa when the Land Rover I was driving got upended by a rogue Rhino resulting in an injury to my big toe.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

139Posts Today

1,303Users online

Martin's Twitter