Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • linclass
    • By linclass 11th Mar 17, 4:25 PM
    • 172Posts
    • 62Thanks
    linclass
    Aldi ParkingEye- Making me ill
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:25 PM
    Aldi ParkingEye- Making me ill 11th Mar 17 at 4:25 PM
    Hello all
    I've had the reply from PE, I sent them a brief explanation and with the evidence I was indeed shopping in Aldi. I've been directed to a POPLA Draft on here. I can't see where this is. Time is running out, and It's making me unwell with worry. Please, can someone show me where the template is that I need to follow please to send this to POPLA?
    Thanks very much

Page 2
    • linclass
    • By linclass 11th Mar 17, 9:04 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    linclass
    Oh yes it is!

The signs at Aldi are shocking, over half of them don't have the £70 on them for a start, and if this is one with a hidden keypad to put in a VRN, that's hidden in a corner, away from the tills, and doesn't form part of the contract before parking any more than the £70 does.

Even though PE never sue anyone at Aldi locations and we almost always win at POPLA anyway?

Please copy a long POPLA appeal from another Aldi case and/or put together the long templates, there are like that for the reason that they WIN. Do you want to win? Sounds like you do, so use the templates in post #3 of the sticky thread. You are looking the the sentences that say 'here's a POPLA template' (of course).
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I've drafted an email to the CEO of Aldi, Coupon mad. Hopefully, he'll answer fairly promptly, and I'll put the reply here. I've just looked on GoogleEarth - the image is 2015, but it does clearly state £70 .
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 11th Mar 17, 9:08 PM
    • 4,805 Posts
    • 5,918 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I've drafted an email to the CEO of Aldi, Coupon mad. Hopefully, he'll answer fairly promptly, and I'll put the reply here. I've just looked on GoogleEarth - the image is 2015, but it does clearly state £70 .
    Originally posted by linclass
    It will not say " discretionary criteria"
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Mar 17, 9:31 PM
    • 13,597 Posts
    • 16,672 Thanks
    Redx
    I'm about to send a complaint via email to the CEO of Aldi. Should I add the POPLA Ref number that PE sent me?
    NO , but you should add the PCN reference that PE sent you
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Mar 17, 10:00 PM
    • 44,297 Posts
    • 57,011 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I know...I said less than half the signs (plural) in an Aldi car park have £70 on them. You will be able to find one or two.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• linclass
    • By linclass 13th Mar 17, 8:45 AM
    • 172 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    linclass
    Well I've sent the Email requesting cancellation to the CEO of Aldi. Let's see whether I even receive a reply.
    • linclass
    • By linclass 13th Mar 17, 12:08 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    linclass
    Five hours after sending the email to the Aldi CEO, and surprise, no answer. How long should I wait before sending it a second time? OR, SHOULD I send it a second time?
    Thanks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 13th Mar 17, 12:14 PM
    • 6,168 Posts
    • 4,973 Thanks
    The Deep
    I would say that two days is not unreasonable. If there is no reply after a week send as reminder. There is no hurry, the only thing they could do is take you to court, but that would probably make I Aldi very cross.

Have you written on their Facebook page?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Mar 17, 12:17 PM
    • 11,830 Posts
    • 18,041 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Five hours after sending the email to the Aldi CEO, and surprise, no answer.
    Really.........? You mean he's dealing with running his hundreds of stores, their millions of pounds turnover, and their bottom line across the entire country rather than sorting out your parking ticket. He needs to re-order his priorities!

Please be realistic, this could take a number of days.
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • linclass
    • By linclass 13th Mar 17, 1:02 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    linclass
    Well Umkomaas, I wouldn't actually expect him to access his email at all. I imagine he does have a secretary that does that sort of thing,
    • linclass
    • By linclass 13th Mar 17, 1:17 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    linclass
    Latest:

Just received an email from Aldi Parking Management dept (did you know they had one of these??) and they're happy to cancel this parking notice.

IF similar happens in future, the CEO will be my first contact I should think.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Mar 17, 1:47 PM
    • 6,642 Posts
    • 6,557 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Aldi Parking Management dept

C/O

ParkingEye Limited
    PO Box 565
    Chorley
    PR6 6HT
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Mar 17, 3:24 PM
    • 11,830 Posts
    • 18,041 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Latest:

Just received an email from Aldi Parking Management dept (did you know they had one of these??) and they're happy to cancel this parking notice.

Great result. His secretary must have called him out of his board meeting to deal with it!
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Mar 17, 4:29 PM
    • 44,297 Posts
    • 57,011 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Latest:

Well done - please confirm the right email for the CEO, for other victims?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• linclass
    • By linclass 13th Mar 17, 6:41 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    linclass
    Certainly Coupon-mad. I sent my original email to:
    Giles Hurley, CEO Aldi - gmd.cs@aldi.co.uk

The reply was from:
    Karen - customer.service@aldi.co.uk

Aldi Customer Services
    Parking Management Department
    UK 0800 042 0800
    customer.service@aldi.co.uk
    www.aldi.co.uk

I didn't actually send any supporting evidence, copy of bank statement for date in question but I did add the PE Ref number.

Ange
    Last edited by linclass; 13-03-2017 at 6:44 PM. Reason: addition
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 13th Mar 17, 7:50 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 4,748 Thanks
    Half_way
    Great to see you've had success, did you also try a visit and complaint to the store in question?
    I'm of the opinion that people should create as much fuss as possible and tie up as many staff as possibe, weather that be check out staff, supervisors, managers, customer service desk drones, the more the better.

If you want to realy stir things up, then you should have a look at the planning for the ANPR equipment, and planning plus adversing consent for the signs. Dont forget to check to see if there are any other terms on the land, many ALDI sites in town centres were only allowed planning permission if they let other people use the car park, sometimes this may be for Two hours or more,then ALDI let PE come along and restrict this to their usual 90 muinutes
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • the_wheels_have_fallen_of
    • By the_wheels_have_fallen_of 13th Mar 17, 9:35 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 159 Thanks
    the_wheels_have_fallen_of
    Great to see you've had success, did you also try a visit and complaint to the store in question?
    I'm of the opinion that people should create as much fuss as possible and tie up as many staff as possibe, weather that be check out staff, supervisors, managers, customer service desk drones, the more the better.

If you want to realy stir things up, then you should have a look at the planning for the ANPR equipment, and planning plus adversing consent for the signs. Dont forget to check to see if there are any other terms on the land, many ALDI sites in town centres were only allowed planning permission if they let other people use the car park, sometimes this may be for Two hours or more,then ALDI let PE come along and restrict this to their usual 90 muinutes
    Originally posted by Half_way
    Slightly seperate but refers to Aldi but with ECP this time - planning permission from ECP for one I am contesting at the moment states that "The site is the car park for Church Farm Retail Park which has a number of retail shops and
    restaurants around the car park. The site is managed by Burley Development Group. The ANPR will be used to monitor any entry and exit to the site. This information will be used tosee the flow of traffic within the car park and allow retailers to identify busy shopping periods. It will also be used as a security measure to monitor vehicle registrations.”

@OP, I found this by doing a quick search for my own complaint on Google from the local council's planning site
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 13th Mar 17, 9:50 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 4,748 Thanks
    Half_way
    They mst be deluded if they think ANPR will improve security.
    i know of a site at Derby - Wyvern retail park, where previously there were gates in the car park entrances the gates were shut and locked at night.
    Now its infested with parking eye, and with the gates gone and access open is now a hotspot for ant social behavior/boy racers revving up and disturbing residents. There is also a 24 hour Mc Donalds on site, the night gates stopped access to the main car park, but allowed access to the Mc Donalds business, which now falls in the parking eye catchment
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • linclass
    • By linclass 14th Mar 17, 8:37 AM
    • 172 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    linclass
    Also a good idea to take a fractious child when complaining, if you don't have one borrow a friends... Shop staff DON'T like screaming kids.....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,778Posts Today

5,167Users online

Martin's Twitter