Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • cavework
    • By cavework 11th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    • 1,906Posts
    • 2,768Thanks
    cavework
    What job do you do ? How much do you think you are worth per hour?
    • 11th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    What job do you do ? How much do you think you are worth per hour? 11th Mar 17 at 2:56 PM
    As above...anyone brave enough to answer? Then let's add in getting the work in the first place? Then let's add in working for nothing until the job is completed but paying anyone who has worked for you in advance? Then add in sorting out your own NI and Tax and VAT ..H&S advice ..HR advice...demands by clients you need to be accredited to certain bodies in regards to getting that job? Then add in the late payers? Add in the pension contributions for staff ..holiday pay?.. sick pay, maternity pay ? Jobs that go wrong and the cost? All that has to be added into the equation that sums up being self employed
    Last edited by cavework; 11-03-2017 at 3:09 PM.
Page 1
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 11th Mar 17, 3:38 PM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 932 Thanks
    xapprenticex
    • 11th Mar 17, 3:38 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 3:38 PM
    You should be the first to answer your question.

I work in finance, I dont really think about what I'm worth, if im happy with my salary and especially the working conditions and colleagues then im good.

Thats in response to your title, I have no idea what you are talking about in the body your post.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 11th Mar 17, 3:51 PM
    • 14,972 Posts
    • 8,416 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 11th Mar 17, 3:51 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 3:51 PM
    As above...anyone brave enough to answer? Then let's add in getting the work in the first place? Then let's add in working for nothing until the job is completed but paying anyone who has worked for you in advance? Then add in sorting out your own NI and Tax and VAT ..H&S advice ..HR advice...demands by clients you need to be accredited to certain bodies in regards to getting that job? Then add in the late payers? Add in the pension contributions for staff ..holiday pay?.. sick pay, maternity pay ? Jobs that go wrong and the cost? All that has to be added into the equation that sums up being self employed
    Originally posted by cavework
    As above, you're asking everyone else, but you havent disclosed any information yourself?
    Regards

Paul
    • cavework
    • By cavework 11th Mar 17, 4:40 PM
    • 1,906 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    cavework
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:40 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:40 PM
    I run my own business. The question I am asking is aimed at employees and the self employed..
    I am worth at least £30.00 per hour.. not a great deal I admit .
    • cavework
    • By cavework 11th Mar 17, 4:46 PM
    • 1,906 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    cavework
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:46 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:46 PM
    You should be the first to answer your question.

I work in finance, I dont really think about what I'm worth, if im happy with my salary and especially the working conditions and colleagues then im good.

Thats in response to your title, I have no idea what you are talking about in the body your post.
    Originally posted by xapprenticex

I understand why you have no idea about the contents in the body of my post .You are employed? That is why you do not have a clue... Sorry if have this wrong
    Last edited by cavework; 11-03-2017 at 4:52 PM.
    • xapprenticex
    • By xapprenticex 11th Mar 17, 4:56 PM
    • 1,064 Posts
    • 932 Thanks
    xapprenticex
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:56 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:56 PM
    I understand why you have no idea about the contents in the body of my post .You are employed? That is why you do not have a clue... Sorry if have this wrong
    I have experience in both, i forgive you
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 11th Mar 17, 4:57 PM
    • 14,972 Posts
    • 8,416 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:57 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:57 PM
    You seem to have some sort of axe to grind and want to start an argument?
    Regards

Paul
    • cavework
    • By cavework 11th Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 1,906 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    cavework
    • 11th Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    Yup ....I put up a post and .FGS sorry for posting..obviously I have an underlining agenda..Motorguy or ..be amazed ...I just might be asking a valid question ?
    Last edited by cavework; 11-03-2017 at 5:11 PM.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 11th Mar 17, 5:07 PM
    • 14,972 Posts
    • 8,416 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 11th Mar 17, 5:07 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 5:07 PM
    Yup ..Friday night..I put up a post and .FGS sorry for posting..obviously I have an underlining agenda..
    It just seems a weird question / set of questions with no useful outcome to anyone?
    Regards

Paul
    • RichardD1970
    • By RichardD1970 11th Mar 17, 5:10 PM
    • 2,478 Posts
    • 3,622 Thanks
    RichardD1970
    The question I am asking is aimed at employees and the self employed..
    So you ask a question aimed at employees, but anyone who is an employee won't have a clue as to what you are on about?
    • cavework
    • By cavework 11th Mar 17, 5:17 PM
    • 1,906 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    cavework
    Simple question for.employees and for you RichardD19 ..how much per hour do you think unskilled labour with no qualifications should be paid..?
    Last edited by cavework; 11-03-2017 at 5:30 PM.
    • ACG
    • By ACG 11th Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    • 14,888 Posts
    • 7,490 Thanks
    ACG
    Take a look here - https://www.reed.co.uk/average-salary

That should help.
    • cavework
    • By cavework 11th Mar 17, 5:40 PM
    • 1,906 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    cavework
    Lets try again...what job do you do and how much do you think you are worth per hour?
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 11th Mar 17, 5:46 PM
    • 14,972 Posts
    • 8,416 Thanks
    motorguy
    Simple question for.employees and for you RichardD19 ..how much per hour do you think unskilled labour with no qualifications should be paid..?
    If they're self employed then it doesnt matter what anyone thinks they "should" be paid, they'll be paid what the market thinks they're worth?
    Regards

Paul
    • ohreally
    • By ohreally 11th Mar 17, 5:50 PM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,607 Thanks
    ohreally
    If its such a simple question, you appear to be getting it wrong time after time.
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 11th Mar 17, 5:51 PM
    • 14,972 Posts
    • 8,416 Thanks
    motorguy
    Lets try again...what job do you do and how much do you think you are worth per hour?
    I'm a self employed IT contractor, and the particular type role i do pays between £350 and £550 a day, usually with a minimum of 3-6 months initial contract but typically lasting 6 months to 18 months.

So what does that answer for you?
    Regards

Paul
    • cavework
    • By cavework 11th Mar 17, 5:53 PM
    • 1,906 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    cavework
    So ..Motorguy your hourly rate is? Thanks for being honest here..
    • cavework
    • By cavework 11th Mar 17, 5:56 PM
    • 1,906 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    cavework
    If they're self employed then it doesnt matter what anyone thinks they "should" be paid, they'll be paid what the market thinks they're worth?
    Originally posted by motorguy

That's interesting ..considering there is a minimum wage and a living wage being imposed on employers for their employees..Thanks
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 11th Mar 17, 6:03 PM
    • 18,510 Posts
    • 18,738 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    I think this thread is better suited to the Arms, especially if I judge it by the replies so far. So that's where it's headed.....
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • cavework
    • By cavework 11th Mar 17, 6:06 PM
    • 1,906 Posts
    • 2,768 Thanks
    cavework
    No problem
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

187Posts Today

1,517Users online

Martin's Twitter