Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • klm1818
    • By klm1818 11th Mar 17, 2:04 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    klm1818
    Travel insurance for trips that don't start and end in UK
    • 11th Mar 17, 2:04 PM
    Travel insurance for trips that don't start and end in UK 11th Mar 17 at 2:04 PM
    I'm looking for a travel insurance policy for an upcoming trip. All the travel insurance policies I've ever had come with the stipulation that the trip must start and end in the UK. I currently live in France and will be travelling to and from France on my trip.

a) a UK travel insurance policy that applies to trips that do not start and end in the UK
    b) a French travel insurance policy

Preferably the first as my French is not to the standard of reading policy documents, and additionally I'll be moving back to the UK later this year and ideally I'd take out an annual policy (and I'm guessing most French policies also stipulate trips must start and end in France). But does anyone have any information on either of those options?
Page 1
    • trailingspouse
    • By trailingspouse 11th Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    • 2,200 Posts
    • 3,071 Thanks
    trailingspouse
    • 11th Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 2:44 PM
    No, policies will need to start and end in France (I'm guessing you're in France long-term, and therefore don't have travel insurance cover for your time in France). Your best bet would be to buy a one-off policy for your up-coming trip, and then get annual cover once you are back in the UK.
    • huckster
    • By huckster 12th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    • 3,007 Posts
    • 1,257 Thanks
    huckster
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:49 AM
    There are online Travel Insurers such as Worldnomads, but you will pay a higher premium than if you just took out a policy through a French Insurers. I suspect some French companies will be able to provide documents in English.
    • rs65
    • By rs65 12th Mar 17, 11:52 AM
    • 5,226 Posts
    • 2,482 Thanks
    rs65
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:52 AM
    • 12th Mar 17, 11:52 AM
    You'll be struggling to buy a UK policy with a French address.
    • klm1818
    • By klm1818 13th Mar 17, 7:09 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    klm1818
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:09 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 7:09 AM
    Ok, thanks.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for French travel insurers?
    • ThinkingOutLoud
    • By ThinkingOutLoud 13th Mar 17, 8:15 AM
    • 1,395 Posts
    • 1,301 Thanks
    ThinkingOutLoud
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:15 AM
    • 13th Mar 17, 8:15 AM
    Ok, thanks.
    Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for French travel insurers?
    Originally posted by klm1818
    https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=assurance+voyages+france&*

Axa, Mondiale, Europe Assistance, Chapka, Avi or even Columbus Direct France are all well-known, established insurers.
    I am just thinking out loud - nothing I say should be relied upon!
    I do however reserve the right to be correct by accident.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

252Posts Today

1,896Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin