Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rachels1979
    • By Rachels1979 11th Mar 17, 1:57 PM
    • 126Posts
    • 199Thanks
    Rachels1979
    Parking eye, incorrect number plate entered
    • 11th Mar 17, 1:57 PM
    Parking eye, incorrect number plate entered 11th Mar 17 at 1:57 PM
    Hi

My mum got a parking charge from parking eye from the car park at the local hospital. It's one that you have to enter your car registration on the machine but the ticket is showing the beginning as MMMM instead of MM which she didn't notice.

I've looked at the sticky but is there anything specific I need to say in this scenario?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 11th Mar 17, 1:59 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,172 Thanks
    Redx
    • 11th Mar 17, 1:59 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 1:59 PM
    nope , just use the blue text template "as is" , on their site , as KEEPER
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Rachels1979
    • By Rachels1979 21st Mar 17, 9:45 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    Rachels1979
    • 21st Mar 17, 9:45 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 9:45 AM
    Thanks. The blue text one I saw looks like it's for when the ticket is put on the car as it talks about contacting the dvla for details, but they've obviously already done that as she's had a letter. Is there another one for when it's a letter?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing!
    • Marktheshark
    • By Marktheshark 21st Mar 17, 9:50 AM
    • 5,688 Posts
    • 7,133 Thanks
    Marktheshark
    • 21st Mar 17, 9:50 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 9:50 AM
    Has she still got the ticket/ sticky label.

If she has, FIRST THINGS FIRST.
    She must drop this "I made the mistake" and adopt the faulty equipment line.
    She is going to need to retain her backstop from a good fighting stance.
    Brexit will become whatever they invent it to be.
    • Rachels1979
    • By Rachels1979 21st Mar 17, 9:54 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    Rachels1979
    • 21st Mar 17, 9:54 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 9:54 AM
    Yes, I have got the ticket as I am doing the appeal for her but I'm feeling a bit lost!
    • Marktheshark
    • By Marktheshark 21st Mar 17, 10:05 AM
    • 5,688 Posts
    • 7,133 Thanks
    Marktheshark
    • 21st Mar 17, 10:05 AM
    • 21st Mar 17, 10:05 AM
    They will reject the template appeal without reading it so personally I would keep it simple.

"The driver of the vehicle was served a ticket by your equipment with partial registration details due to your faulty equipment registering single keystrokes twice , the parking fee was paid in full, the partial VRN offer you enough information top establish this fact and therefore you have suffered no loss other than what you faulty equipment has produced.
    A photocopy is included, you should acknowledge that you have therefore suffered no loss and cancel this charge

They will reject this as well, but from a legal point it would be the main deference point and main POPLA point and something that needs to be made clear from the off to allow them to mitigate the loss further.
    Brexit will become whatever they invent it to be.
    • Rachels1979
    • By Rachels1979 21st Mar 17, 4:27 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    Rachels1979
    • 21st Mar 17, 4:27 PM
    • 21st Mar 17, 4:27 PM
    That's brilliant thanks.

If the POPLA appeal also gets rejected will she still have the chance to only pay half the "fine" or will she have to pay the full amount as it will have been so long after being issued?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Mar 17, 8:15 PM
    • 50,723 Posts
    • 64,127 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:15 PM
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:15 PM
    No but I don't expect any of us consider that a 'chance' or opportunity. Take your eye OFF the bribe.

What happened when the victim complained to the NHS Trust and/or PALS (Google it and complain). As you would, especially if she is elderly, was ill or is under stress and this is the last thing she needs. We see so many cancelled by PALS and NHS Trust complaints.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Rachels1979
    • By Rachels1979 21st Mar 17, 8:30 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    Rachels1979
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:30 PM
    • 21st Mar 17, 8:30 PM
    I was just worried that if I did it wrong and the appeal didn't go through that I would end up costing my mum more money if she had to pay.

I did tell her to contact PALS but I think she was a bit embarrassed to. She gets really down on herself when she does something wrong so I didn't want to push it. She's 70 and was on her way to an appointment, I may try calling them myself and see if they would let me deal with it for her.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Mar 17, 9:36 PM
    • 50,723 Posts
    • 64,127 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK, you do it for her. Absolutely.

I don't mean the appeal, not in your name, in her name to PE of course.

I mean you can do the PALS complaint, certainly, because people are allowed to use a family member as an advocate, if they are elderly or vulnerable in any way. NHS Trusts know this.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 21-03-2017 at 9:38 PM.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Rachels1979
    • By Rachels1979 15th Apr 17, 7:49 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    Rachels1979
    I meant to update this earlier sorry. I spoke to PALS who put me in touch with the site manager and they sorted it for us. I think having the ticket helped loads.

I really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks again!
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 15th Apr 17, 7:59 AM
    • 1,560 Posts
    • 2,881 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    I meant to update this earlier sorry. I spoke to PALS who put me in touch with the site manager and they sorted it for us. I think having the ticket helped loads.
    As you have found out, it pays to talk to PALS on these issues. Tell anyone that gets one of your success. Mum will be relieved.
    Life's for living, get on with it rather than worrying about these. If they hassle, counter claim.

Send them that costs schedule though, 24 hours before the hearing, and file it with the court. Take with you evidence that you have sent the costs schedule to them and when.
    LoC
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 17, 3:12 PM
    • 50,723 Posts
    • 64,127 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

I really appreciate everyone's help. Thanks again!
    Originally posted by Rachels1979
    Great! As expected!

We wish more people would do this, again and again, every time, like this guy's friends/family should have done:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5634382

NHS Trusts should be ashamed of their parking operators and ashamed that they signed a contract to allow this harassment.

• Half_way
    • By Half_way 15th Apr 17, 4:29 PM
    • 3,801 Posts
    • 5,371 Thanks
    Half_way
    Good to hear its been resolved, however the ticket should never have been issued in the first place.
    If i was on the receiving end of this, i wouldnt be dropping it.
    The NHS parking principles are quite clear, and some hospitals have boasted about parking eye keeping all the revenue from issuing parking charge notices.
    Hospitals can not hide behind the commercial sensitivity clause when asking for FOI requests.

Using all the above I would then ask the hospital how much, or if parking eye charge the hospital for their services, where the income from parking charge notices goes and so on.
    sometimes you dnt need to bother with that as you may be able to dig up a story in the local press where the NHS trust will be boasting that the pakring eye scheme costs them nothing as all the income from pakring charge notices goes to parking eye.,
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,777Posts Today

6,318Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin