Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kellyp
    • By kellyp 11th Mar 17, 1:10 PM
    • 134Posts
    • 24Thanks
    kellyp
    Can I get 0% on new purchases on existing CC?
    • 11th Mar 17, 1:10 PM
    Can I get 0% on new purchases on existing CC? 11th Mar 17 at 1:10 PM
    I have had both Sainsbury's and Halifax CC's for many years. They regularly post me offers for 0% on balance transfers for varying amounts of time. I'm about to get a new kitchen and will be buying £5000 worth of appliances soon and was thinking of getting a new cc (maybe the AA) to avoid the balance transfer fee. Do you think either Halifax or Sainsbury's would give a 0% offer on new purchases if I phoned them or us that something they just don't do? Or should I just stick with paying the balance transfer fee to avoid a credit check on my file. We ma need a small loan to help fund all the kitchen and recently remortgaged too so concious of too many credit checks.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Mar 17, 1:14 PM
    • 14,349 Posts
    • 15,108 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Mar 17, 1:14 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 1:14 PM
    Possibly. But a new card will probably do the job more effectively.
    • Superscrooge
    • By Superscrooge 11th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    • 916 Posts
    • 633 Thanks
    Superscrooge
    • 11th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 2:56 PM
    A couple of years ago I phoned Barclaycard to close my account and was immediately offered 0% purchases for 12 months. So you have nothing to lose by asking?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,440Posts Today

8,527Users online

Martin's Twitter