Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wychwood
    • By Wychwood 11th Mar 17, 11:35 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Wychwood
    Parking attendant photographing number plates
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:35 AM
    Parking attendant photographing number plates 11th Mar 17 at 11:35 AM
    I have just been to my local Sainsburys supermarket. There was a man walking around the car park taking photos of vehicle number plates. I asked in store who he was and was informed that he was the parking attendant and that's how they monitor people's length of parking. Does anybody know if this is legal? It looked like an ordinary camera. I am not comfortable with someone photographing my vehicle
    Thanks
Page 1
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 11th Mar 17, 11:45 AM
    • 10,058 Posts
    • 9,139 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:45 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:45 AM
    I have just been to my local Sainsburys supermarket. There was a man walking around the car park taking photos of vehicle number plates. I asked in store who he was and was informed that he was the parking attendant and that's how they monitor people's length of parking. Does anybody know if this is legal? It looked like an ordinary camera. I am not comfortable with someone photographing my vehicle
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Wychwood
    Perfectly legal. In a non-ANPR carpark, how else do you suppose an excess time could be proved?

And precisesly what is the difference between a man with a Brownie taking a snap of your number plate and an ANPR camera doing the same.?

If you are really upset that someone could photograph your vehicle, keep in it a garage.

(You may want to look at my post count and a selection of previous posts to see that I am NOT a PPC stooge, but sometimes, in my view of course, some posts irritate me)
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 11th Mar 17, 11:46 AM
    • 25,434 Posts
    • 10,084 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:46 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:46 AM
    There is a chance of your vehicle being on video or pictures being taken every time you use it.

CCTV, council parking wardens or attendants for private parking, traffic light cameras traffic management camera's, dashcams etc etc.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 11th Mar 17, 11:58 AM
    • 2,267 Posts
    • 3,391 Thanks
    fisherjim
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:58 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 11:58 AM
    The number if images captured of vehicles daily runs into the millions I wouldn't worry about an old boy in a Sainsbury's car park.
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,746Posts Today

7,908Users online

Martin's Twitter