Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • STuartqaqcndt
    • By STuartqaqcndt 11th Mar 17, 8:07 AM
    • 25Posts
    • 15Thanks
    STuartqaqcndt
    Court papers ref BW legal/Excel
    • 11th Mar 17, 8:07 AM
    Court papers ref BW legal/Excel 11th Mar 17 at 8:07 AM
    Well after exchanging letters with BW Legal since last September they have finally sent me court papers.
    Basic is that BW legal are saying that the parking permit was not displayed in an ANPR ticket car park in Wakefield in August 2012.
    I have asked for evidence of the alleged contravention and all that has been sent back are photos of the car entering and leaving the car park.
    Now three people were insured for driving at the time this occurred, I have not indicated any driver to date, and I am/was the registered keeper.
    The court appearance is for Northampton, so I am obviously asking for that to be changed to my local court.
    My defence draft is basically to reiterate, that BW/Excel have not provided proof of the driver, they have not provided proof of the lack of display of parking permit and they have not stated that the parking fee was not paid.
    Any assistance is welcome.
Page 4
    • STuartqaqcndt
    • By STuartqaqcndt 29th Jun 17, 9:00 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    STuartqaqcndt
    Hooray!

You could consider a complaint then LBCCC to them and the landowner, then a claim for compensation of a few hundred (naming both parties). Don't rush it, you'd need to establish the issues with the landowner in a complaint first to give them a chance to settle it.

And you would need to research your legal arguments, you can't just make up a sum out of thin air (PPCs do that!).

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    Ok will be looking into it, you got me there what is LBCCC?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 29th Jun 17, 9:11 AM
    • 15,916 Posts
    • 24,674 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Letter Before County Court Claim. Aka LBA (Action) or LBC (Claim).

Have a read of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 which is a comprehensive guide to the court process. Set in the context of defending a court claim, but if you turn it on its head, you can get a good idea about what needs to be done to instigate a court claim.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Parking-Prankster
    • By Parking-Prankster 30th Jun 17, 10:07 PM
    • 310 Posts
    • 1,163 Thanks
    Parking-Prankster
    When this happens the defendant is usually awarded their full costs. Check your past paperwork to see if this is the case. Write to the court asking for your costs. Charge your time at the litigant in person rate of £19/hour.
    Hi, we’ve approved your signature. It's awesome. Please email the forum team if you want more praise - MSE ForumTeam
    • Peperlini
    • By Peperlini 9th Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Peperlini
    Any update
    Hi, Interested to know whether they restarted the case or it you had any joy with reclaiming your costs?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Oct 17, 12:16 PM
    • 15,916 Posts
    • 24,674 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Hi, Interested to know whether they restarted the case or it you had any joy with reclaiming your costs?
    Originally posted by Peperlini
    He hasn’t been back to the forum for 3 months. Try sending a PM - he should then get an email to say you’re asking a question.

Last Activity: 11-07-2017 5:01 PM
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • STuartqaqcndt
    • By STuartqaqcndt 8th Nov 17, 1:03 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    STuartqaqcndt
    Hi all, sorry I have not updated this, todate no further action by Excel/BW, I have not done anything about claiming costs as I have been extremely busy with some consultancy work.
    May get to have a go at Excel early next year, but other than that nothing.
    Cheers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,378Posts Today

7,275Users online

Martin's Twitter