Barclays mobile banking app

Hi,

I'm hoping forum members who bank with Barclays and use the mobile banking app on an Android mobile phone will be able to help me please....

Today I logged onto the app to use the Direct Call function through to telephone banking, when I choose the Direct Call option it says 'When you press call you'll be taken out of the app'. This means that basically that when you get through to Barclays it's just a normal call to them and you have to go through security which you shouldn't have to as that's the point of using the Direct Call function in the app, you've passed security already.

I've been tweeting Barclays who aren't aware of a problem and are mystified, I've deleted and reinstalled the app and it still exists.

Does anyone who has the app on an Android phone have the same issue please. You don't have to actually go through with a phone call to them, just see if you get the same message when trying to use the Direct Call function.

Thanks

Comments

• xkpa
    xkpa Posts: 144
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    So what's your concern here - about security? Let me explain how it works and why it is safe.

When you click direct call from the app, the app generate random number attached to your account fir 10-20 seconds i think, and this number is passed to the number you are calling, then their systems compare those 2 numbers, if they match, the system thinks that's you.

That's how you don't need to pass their security check, because you already did it in the app.
  • MeeNorr
    MeeNorr Posts: 93 Forumite
    xkpa wrote: »
    So what's your concern here - about security? Let me explain how it works and why it is safe.

When you click direct call from the app, the app generate random number attached to your account fir 10-20 seconds i think, and this number is passed to the number you are calling, then their systems compare those 2 numbers, if they match, the system thinks that's you.

That's how you don't need to pass their security check, because you already did it in the app.

That's the whole point, I did need to pass their security check because twice when I called them the Adviser said that the call hadn't been passed via the app despite using my security details to log into the app and using the 'Direct Call' button on there which then tells me it's taking me out of the app to call them. I don't have any fears about the security aspect of it if it works, but it doesn't work how it's supposed to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure