Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • fmlyhm1148
    • By fmlyhm1148 10th Mar 17, 10:50 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    fmlyhm1148
    Credit suddenly removed
    • 10th Mar 17, 10:50 PM
    Credit suddenly removed 10th Mar 17 at 10:50 PM
    Okay, its not a credit card, but someone may be able to help me.

I have an account with Very, and my limit was recently increased to £750. I have always managed my account well, made payments on time and had things cleared in at least the 'take 3' period. However, I atrempted to order a fridge freezer as I'm moving, and it was rejected. I phoned them and was told that it wasn't eligable for buu now pay later and to order again. I did, and it was rejected. I jusy checked now and my 'spent' is now red, and my available limit is 0.00. Whats going on? Anu ideas? I'm baffled. I am phoning tomorrow it's just bugging me.

Thank you
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 10th Mar 17, 10:54 PM
    • 29,975 Posts
    • 18,980 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 10th Mar 17, 10:54 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 10:54 PM
    Get a credit card with 0% purchases.

The amount you would use to pay Very off where have you put it ?

You say your moving, is that mortgage or renting ?
    Last edited by DCFC79; 10-03-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • fmlyhm1148
    • By fmlyhm1148 10th Mar 17, 10:58 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fmlyhm1148
    • 10th Mar 17, 10:58 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 10:58 PM
    I have pretty bad credit and so very is helping to improve it. Upto now they've been great. I just don't understand why theu would suddenly remove credit facilities. The only thing I can think, is I'm moving on the 31st so ordered it tp be delivered there on that date. Maybe a fraud issue or something?
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 10th Mar 17, 11:23 PM
    • 1,256 Posts
    • 631 Thanks
    boo_star
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:23 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:23 PM
    I have pretty bad credit and so very is helping to improve it. Upto now they've been great. I just don't understand why theu would suddenly remove credit facilities. The only thing I can think, is I'm moving on the 31st so ordered it tp be delivered there on that date. Maybe a fraud issue or something?
    Originally posted by fmlyhm1148
    It's certainly possible, but only Very can tell you why and if they suspect fraud they might not be willing to tell you that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

301Posts Today

2,684Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin