Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 10th Mar 17, 9:59 PM
    • 736Posts
    • 462Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    WestBrom websave withdrawals?
    • 10th Mar 17, 9:59 PM
    WestBrom websave withdrawals? 10th Mar 17 at 9:59 PM
    Does anyone know if WestBrom use faster payments to send withdrawals from this online savings account?

I've recently opened this account and arranged a withdrawal for today, it still hasn't arrived in my nominated account in spite of being debited from my WestBrom ac.

Thanks.
Page 1
    • alanq
    • By alanq 11th Mar 17, 12:52 AM
    • 3,592 Posts
    • 2,294 Thanks
    alanq
    • 11th Mar 17, 12:52 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 12:52 AM
    "Transfers Out

When transferring money from your Savings Account to your nominated account, payments should reach your account by the end of the business day following the date of withdrawal. Requests to transfer money out of your account received before 3.30pm on a working day will be processed the same day. Requests received after 3.30pm will be processed the next working day."
    https://www.westbromwebsave.co.uk/ofis/related/help.htm

So if the request was made before 3.30pm Friday the money should arrive before end of business on Monday. If the request was made after 3.30pm then by end of business Tuesday.

Near instant Faster Payments only occur between full members of the scheme. Smaller banks and building societies take longer because they have to send payments via a full member.
    http://www.fasterpayments.org.uk/about-us/current-participants
    I'm a Board Guide on the Budgeting and Bank Accounts, Savings & Investments, Food Shopping and Over 50s MoneySaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Yorkshire Pud
    • By Yorkshire Pud 11th Mar 17, 9:06 AM
    • 736 Posts
    • 462 Thanks
    Yorkshire Pud
    • 11th Mar 17, 9:06 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 9:06 AM
    Thanks alanq. I made the request Thursday evening, after 3.30pm cut off for same day processing, so processing/WD made Friday for Monday deposit in nominated account.

Coventry BS and Yorkshire BS allow the request any time the day before with funds arriving next day in account as long as a working day, and also only debit the account on the day of transfer out so no interest lost.

Seems with WestBrom there is a minimum one day loss of interest, longer if weekends and public holidays fall inside the transfer period.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

449Posts Today

4,635Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @themiltonjones: Bother. Chucked out of Question Time.

• Hmm I meant getting radical in my last tweet - having googled 'getting rad', I may not be in touch with t'lingo... https://t.co/t538UveBuz

• Dimbleby becomes the Dimblebomb and kicks someone out. Question time getting rad #bbqt

• Follow Martin