Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • doorstep54
    • By doorstep54 10th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    • 26Posts
    • 13Thanks
    doorstep54
    I need help please
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    I need help please 10th Mar 17 at 8:13 PM
    I have been bankrupt for neally 7 months now problem is before bankruptcy I cancelled sky broadband which I ended up oweing them £50 which went in to bankruptcy now since bankruptcy am finding it hard to afford mobile broadband which costing £15 pound a month on pay and go, I seen deal on sky for broadband for £10 month which would work out cheaper for me I did ring them for offer they said I did owe them £50 but as good will they would let me of £40 and would have to pay them £10 of debt I haven't telled them I bankrupt but guest they would know any way, but problem is I have read in bankruptcy papers you not allowed to pay any creditors any money so stuck don't know if get in trouble for this any help please who knowns anything about bankruptcy laws please
Page 1
    • peterkay369
    • By peterkay369 10th Mar 17, 8:24 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 68 Thanks
    peterkay369
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:24 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:24 PM
    Were they listed as a creditor on your bankruptcy form? If not, and they havent done a credit check on you since BR, I dont think they will be aware of your bankruptcy. If the debt was before your bankruptcy, it is now written off. If it is after the date of your bankruptcy you are still liable.

In your situation Im not sure what to advise to be honest! You could always keep quiet, pay the £40 and hope no one says anything however that is down to you and morally I wouldnt say its the right thing to do. However informing them of the bankruptcy may well ruin your chances to take out a broadband contract with them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,338Posts Today

6,946Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin