Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GazHatesBanks
    • By GazHatesBanks 10th Mar 17, 6:21 PM
    • 138Posts
    • 141Thanks
    GazHatesBanks
    Turbo lister help please
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:21 PM
    Turbo lister help please 10th Mar 17 at 6:21 PM
    Hi All,

Asking this on behalf of my dad who really doesn't like change and unfortunately my limited experience of ebay is in buying only.

For the last 12 years or more, he has been happily listing everything on ebay using the turbo lister and including the auctiva link in his listings. He has now had a message from ebay stating that the turbo lister is (finally) being withdrawn in June and that the current listings will no longer be acceptable due to using javascript instead of HTML.

1. Is it possible to reformat the listings in turbolister to html so that they can be re-uploaded to ebay?;
    2. How can he include the auctiva link on a standard ebay listing?;

Note that he will only use any of the free tools as the quantities sold do not make a monthly subscription viable (it's already only really a hobby that pays for itself rather than making any money).

Thanks.
Page 1
    • Pierre De Grenoble
    • By Pierre De Grenoble 10th Mar 17, 8:33 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    Pierre De Grenoble
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:33 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:33 PM
    As I understand it and I'm happy to be corrected..

Your father does not need to do anything to remove active content, eBay will deactivate it without removing the listing.

I can't check because my copy of Turbolister crashed and burnt months ago ( I think it corrupted it's own database). If your asking if your father can move unsold listings in his database He can select them and export them as a csv file (whatever that may be) to a folder on his desktop and then use that to upload them all onto ebay.

or he can import that csv file into other auction listing software and carry on regardless.

not having control of my own database is anathema to me, If I spend time & effort on listings there is no way I want to lose them when eBays "unsold" times out.

I am now using "wonderlister" It is much faster less "clunky" and uses Microsoft's SQL database which it ships in as part of the install. There is a learning curve but it isn't too bad.

As far as I am aware there is no "Free" listing software out there and Wonder Lister (wonderlister.com) is the best I could find for the cost. It's pricing is based on the number of active items on eBay and not on the size of the database used.

I have no connection with Wonder Lister, I just use it and it works for me. As in Life sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and pay.

If he still wants to use Auctiva they now should already be inserting eBay allowable script automatically to every new listing he puts up.

If he wants to lose Auctiva he will have to alter his 3rd party preferences in "my eBay". There is no way he can stop them from his Auctiva account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

192Posts Today

1,453Users online

Martin's Twitter