Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • simpson_77
    • By simpson_77 10th Mar 17, 5:54 PM
    • 57Posts
    • 17Thanks
    simpson_77
    Can I claim?
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:54 PM
    Can I claim? 10th Mar 17 at 5:54 PM
    Hi,

Long story cut short, in the late 90's as a youngster I had plenty of credit thrown at me which i'm pretty certain all contained PPI. I was a student, and didn't have a job so there would have been no way I could have claimed. Anyway in 1998 I went br over 7,500 of debt and was ordered to repay 1,500 as part of the br. I was discharged in 2004. In 2005 i had an egg card and again pretty certain I got charged PPI.

My question is am I too late to claim for any of this and given the limited time I have available if I'm within claimable timescales can anyone recommend a good claims company? Also If I can claim back from the late 90's would this have to go to the official receiver?

Thanks

Thanks for the help
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 10th Mar 17, 6:00 PM
    • 11,622 Posts
    • 11,649 Thanks
    zx81
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:00 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:00 PM
    Any redress would go to paying off the balance you didn't repay. So you wouldn't see any money yourself.

Use a claims company, and you will then have to pay them out of your own pocket.
    • simpson_77
    • By simpson_77 10th Mar 17, 6:05 PM
    • 57 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    simpson_77
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:05 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:05 PM
    Wont be bothering with that then! No point in stirring up old accounts
    • -taff
    • By -taff 10th Mar 17, 7:36 PM
    • 7,061 Posts
    • 4,476 Thanks
    -taff
    • 10th Mar 17, 7:36 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 7:36 PM
    You can't complain about anything pre bankruptcy.

You can complain about the Egg card though.

Don't use a company.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

206Posts Today

2,142Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Who do you think came out best in the Corbyn v May battle tonight?

• Clever by Paxman; subtly testing out "strong & stable" by focusing on u-turns on Brexit view, social care, self employed tax & election date

• Ps sadly i got in too late to have seen Corbyn, hence why no comment on his performance

• Follow Martin