Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xmummytothreeangelsx
    • By xmummytothreeangelsx 10th Mar 17, 5:45 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 1Thanks
    xmummytothreeangelsx
    Time To Start Being Sensible
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:45 PM
    Time To Start Being Sensible 10th Mar 17 at 5:45 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I've been a lurker on this board for YEARS, but never really posted....

So this is the we're nearly debt free and need to start being sensible diary.......

Money seems to be such a huge focus in my life at the moment and I think it will help to write it all down to get it out of my mind...

I'm 33 and married with 3 children... DD13 DS6 DS4 And have been in debt pretty much my whole adult life...

Made some VERY stupid mistakes... Been through an IVA and now I am on the other side.....

We have one last small debt... A loan which we have managed tp nearly pay off a whole year early... Go us .. There is a £400 balance left and our repayments are only £36 a month and APR is only 4.8% So to pay the remaining bit off would only save roughly £10 in interest.. So it will be paid off in full once we're straight.. Just leaving it as it is now so we can focus on other areas... AAs these last few months we have chucked every spare saved penny at the loan that we are broke...

We have a holiday that we need to find spending money for and car insurance is due in May and we like to pay this annually...

That's enough for now.. Need to start getting ready for a night shift....

Sure no one will read, but I shall carry on rambling
Page 1
    • moneyfacts
    • By moneyfacts 11th Mar 17, 7:11 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    moneyfacts
    • 11th Mar 17, 7:11 AM
    • 11th Mar 17, 7:11 AM
    As you have been bad with money 'all your life' and even went through an IVA, why book a holiday this year? Why not actually just pay the loan off and save some money for the first time? Or is it that you have £5k-£10k put aside ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,567Posts Today

6,291Users online

Martin's Twitter