Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jamesgdever
    • By Jamesgdever 10th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Jamesgdever
    Help with CCJ
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:43 PM
    Help with CCJ 10th Mar 17 at 5:43 PM
    Firstly, Hi guys. I'm new here.

In the interest of trying to sort out my credit rating as I plan on starting up a business I have signed up to Noddle. After going through the website and finding out I had a really bad score I also discovered this:

County Court Judgment: Active
    Amount: 1,107
    C. Name: Northampton Ccbc
    Judgement Day: 05/04/2011

And now I am a little worried. I did not know about this debt nor remember owing anything. There is a vague memory of a dispute over rent but I was sure that was paid (I could be wrong, I was a student so always at parties and moving around) I was also very flippant in my student days.

This was issued 5 years and 11 months ago.

Here are my questions:

1) What will happen next month when this reaches the 6 year mark. Will it just drop off my file?
    2) Am I still Liable for this?
    3) I want to find out details about it, like to whom it is payable and for what debt however I am afraid to contact them incase they then 're-open' it and it might cause further problems.

What is the best course of action here?
Page 1
    • nic_c
    • By nic_c 10th Mar 17, 5:58 PM
    • 1,076 Posts
    • 611 Thanks
    nic_c
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:58 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:58 PM
    1. es
    2. Yes
    3. Contact the court who will tell you who is the claimant
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 10th Mar 17, 6:08 PM
    • 12,398 Posts
    • 11,813 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:08 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:08 PM
    You will still be liable yes.

County court judgements don't become statute barred, however if the creditor has not excercised there rights within those 6 years, they would have to go back to court to seek the courts permission to do so.

They would need good reason as to why judgement had not already been enforced, the court may decide there reasons are valid, or they may not.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 10th Mar 17, 6:40 PM
    • 11,507 Posts
    • 8,644 Thanks
    fatbelly
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:40 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:40 PM
    Your present address is accessible to the debt collection industry though your credit report. If they want payment, they'll be in touch.

Contacting the court to ask who the claimant was (ask for the particulars of claim to be sent if unclear) will not reactivate anything.
    • GingerBob
    • By GingerBob 10th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    • 3,614 Posts
    • 1,653 Thanks
    GingerBob
    • 10th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 7:22 PM
    Your present address is accessible to the debt collection industry though your credit report. If they want payment, they'll be in touch.

Contacting the court to ask who the claimant was (ask for the particulars of claim to be sent if unclear) will not reactivate anything.
    Originally posted by fatbelly

Then again, we get a large amount stuff posted on here where scum have not used that route and have just used the last known address.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,094Posts Today

7,329Users online

Martin's Twitter