Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cortney
    • By Cortney 10th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 14Thanks
    Cortney
    Dentist negligence claim
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:23 PM
    Dentist negligence claim 10th Mar 17 at 5:23 PM
    Need a suggest about dentist mistake issue.
    In October 2016 I broke my tooth (small piece).
    I went to my dentist and she said I need a filling. It was small (not deep) filling.
    I have got it!
    Yesterday (09 March 2017) I went to another dentist (about wisdom tooth) and she suggested me to make a big x-ray of my teeth to be sure what is wrong with my wisdom tooth. After the x-ray she noted something is wrong with the tooth with that filling. The tooth decay under the filling and I have an infection there.
    The new dentist suggested me RCT, it is very expensive procedure...
    So if that filling is new, but tooth decay under the filling, I think it could be my first dentist mistake? The air comes under the filling.
    Another problem - two months ago my first dentist removed my tooth (another tooth) but remained a piece in the gum. New doctor notes that there is a piece of tooth's root inside.

I will have a consultation with a solicitor next Wednesday.
    Who have ideas about this issues? Can I claim compensation from my first dentist?
    Thank you for any suggestions!
    Sorry if something is wrong with my English, I hope you understand me!
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 10th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    • 7,262 Posts
    • 7,296 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:36 PM
    Medical/dental negligence is not really a consumer rights issue - You would do better posting this in an appropriate forum.
    • Cortney
    • By Cortney 10th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Cortney
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:42 PM
    Sorry, I did not find an appropriate category.
    • Cortney
    • By Cortney 10th Mar 17, 5:48 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Cortney
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:48 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:48 PM
    How can I delete my post?
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 10th Mar 17, 11:33 PM
    • 3,770 Posts
    • 4,803 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:33 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:33 PM
    Need a suggest about dentist mistake issue.
    In October 2016 I broke my tooth (small piece).
    I went to my dentist and she said I need a filling. It was small (not deep) filling.
    I have got it!
    Yesterday (09 March 2017) I went to another dentist (about wisdom tooth) and she suggested me to make a big x-ray of my teeth to be sure what is wrong with my wisdom tooth. After the x-ray she noted something is wrong with the tooth with that filling. The tooth decay under the filling and I have an infection there.
    The new dentist suggested me RCT, it is very expensive procedure...
    So if that filling is new, but tooth decay under the filling, I think it could be my first dentist mistake? The air comes under the filling.
    Another problem - two months ago my first dentist removed my tooth (another tooth) but remained a piece in the gum. New doctor notes that there is a piece of tooth's root inside.

I will have a consultation with a solicitor next Wednesday.
    Who have ideas about this issues? Can I claim compensation from my first dentist?
    Thank you for any suggestions!
    Sorry if something is wrong with my English, I hope you understand me!
    Originally posted by Cortney
    If you're determined to pursue this legally, then I think the fact you have a consultation with a solicitor is the right course of action.

However, do remember that no medical procedure is an exact science. Compensation is only due if the first dentist was negligent, not just that the filling was imperfect. It's quite possible that they did an acceptable job and it just didn't work.

Incidentally, (get it?) if I was your new dentist and you were my patient, I'd be doing everything I could to get you off my books as soon as possible. You seem very quick to resort to solicitors. Have you even spoken to the original dentist about the matter?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,955Posts Today

8,471Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin