Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 10th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    • 2,700Posts
    • 2,843Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    Apparently I had an accident witth myself
    • 10th Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    Apparently I had an accident witth myself 10th Mar 17 at 4:44 PM
    This week I have been bombarded with calls from a bunch of ambulance chasers from Blackburn. First on my mobile then on my land line. Now blocked after I got fed up trying to waste some of their time by engaging in a pointless conversations, but the interesting thing is they were claiming I was hit by my own car.

Don't think I would have got away with the fraudulent injury claim they would undoubtedly have got me to take out against myself
Page 1
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 10th Mar 17, 5:02 PM
    • 11,988 Posts
    • 16,099 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:02 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:02 PM
    I had a similar experience a couple of months ago. I'm not sure where they get their information from.They had got my work number from somewhere.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 10th Mar 17, 5:39 PM
    • 3,911 Posts
    • 2,150 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:39 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:39 PM
    Funnily enough after I had an accident which wasn't my fault I only got 1 text about it (hospital barstools gave my number to them) prior to that I got them on and off fairly regularly
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 10th Mar 17, 6:11 PM
    • 2,700 Posts
    • 2,843 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:11 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:11 PM
    I suspect someone in the body repair shop may be taking backhanders. Calls to mobiles were coming from a Blackburn number, land line were coming up as international, although it was the same northern accents on the other end.

There are very persistent despite me telling them to go forth and multiply this morning, my mobile is showing 2 rejected calls from them this afternoon. Hopefully my newly activated BT Call Protect will keep the parasites off my land line for a while.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 10th Mar 17, 6:54 PM
    • 11,988 Posts
    • 16,099 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:54 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 6:54 PM
    There are very persistent despite me telling them to go forth and multiply this morning,
    Originally posted by Keep pedalling
    That's what I did in the end, although I only used two words. It caused quite a bit of amusement amongst my colleagues.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • stator
    • By stator 10th Mar 17, 9:31 PM
    • 5,378 Posts
    • 3,407 Thanks
    stator
    • 10th Mar 17, 9:31 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 9:31 PM
    You might have a claim if you got run over by your own car, against your own insurance.
    Changing the world, one sarcastic comment at a time.
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 10th Mar 17, 9:52 PM
    • 8,589 Posts
    • 5,406 Thanks
    bigadaj
    • 10th Mar 17, 9:52 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 9:52 PM
    You might have a claim if you got run over by your own car, against your own insurance.
    Originally posted by stator
    Brian Harvey?
    • trailingspouse
    • By trailingspouse 10th Mar 17, 11:37 PM
    • 1,759 Posts
    • 2,357 Thanks
    trailingspouse
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:37 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 11:37 PM
    Used to get lots of calls about accidents I'd had - used to wind them up by asking them to tell me what happened (cue posh voice and 'Oo, an accident, do tell. Such fun!).

So when I had an actual accident, I expected to get even more calls. That was last August. Not a single one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,233Posts Today

6,854Users online

Martin's Twitter