Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dannyjebb
    • By dannyjebb 10th Mar 17, 4:25 PM
    • 379Posts
    • 82Thanks
    dannyjebb
    Lease car return
    • 10th Mar 17, 4:25 PM
    Lease car return 10th Mar 17 at 4:25 PM
    Hi

I have a bit of a strange question. My lease car was due back today, I have just rang to find out where they are and apparently they have forgotten about me! I have had my new car delivered today but now need to find room for an extra car! The problem is there is no room for an extra car. We have a drive for 2 cars and all the near by roads are permit parking only! The company have 'kindly' told me I can drive the car with no further charges until they re arrange collection, but had no suggestions when I told them I have no where to actually park the car. I am tempted to park it in a 24 hour car park and send them the bill + a bill for the inconvenience of looking after their car!. Would I be within my rights to do this? I don't like the idea of parking it on a side street somewhere as it's the kind of car that is likely to be targeted by thieves!

Thanks
Page 1
    • AdrianC
    • By AdrianC 18th Apr 17, 4:57 PM
    • 15,289 Posts
    • 13,623 Thanks
    AdrianC
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:57 PM
    • 18th Apr 17, 4:57 PM
    The company ... had no suggestions when I told them I have no where to actually park the car. I am tempted to park it in a 24 hour car park and send them the bill + a bill for the inconvenience of looking after their car!. Would I be within my rights to do this?
    Originally posted by dannyjebb
    Monumentally unlikely that they will be liable for costs arising from a delayed collection. What do the Ts & Cs of your contract with them say about the situation?

The reasons for the delay in collection are irrelevant. You are still responsible for the car until it's handed over. I presume it's still insured, btw?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,078Posts Today

6,832Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin