Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • # J & L #
    • By # J & L # 10th Mar 17, 4:24 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    # J & L #
    Refund promised due to Sainsbury's error
    • 10th Mar 17, 4:24 PM
    Refund promised due to Sainsbury's error 10th Mar 17 at 4:24 PM
    I have been patient beyond belief and I am exasperated. Almost four weeks ago I made an online order for delivery to Sainsbury's. It was only a few items but included two boxes of Banrock Station red wine for a get together. The order arrive and consisted of a few herbs that I'd ordered......and one box of white wine. Wrong quantity and wrong wine! The delivery guy was great and agreed to take it back but told me I'd need to contact Sainsbury's for a refund!
    Cutting a long and very stressful story short, I've had to chase the refund five times and each time received a call confirming it's been done. Each time the caller blames the last caller for giving me the wrong info! I've been nice and calm as didn't want to take it out in the caller. Now however, enough is enough!
    I am now at the end of my tether. I'm lucky enough to be in the position to have been able to go and buy the wine elsewhere. Some people may not have been able to do this and that's where I get angry. They still have my £31 nearly four weeks later and no goods to show for it.
    I don't know how to get any higher than the online services manager who just says it's in hand!
    I'm exasperated, fed up and not happy that I'm spending my precious time chasing this when it's their error! Can anyone help me to get this fiasco sorted and out into the open to show the complete disregard to customer services.
Page 1
    • ThumbRemote
    • By ThumbRemote 10th Mar 17, 4:46 PM
    • 3,766 Posts
    • 4,787 Thanks
    ThumbRemote
    • 10th Mar 17, 4:46 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 4:46 PM
    Have you posted this on their Facebook page? That might spur them into action.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 10th Mar 17, 8:43 PM
    • 17,656 Posts
    • 13,361 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:43 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 8:43 PM
    One word: chargeback.
    • Rottw1
    • By Rottw1 10th Mar 17, 9:54 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rottw1
    • 10th Mar 17, 9:54 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 9:54 PM
    I've found Sainsbury's Customer Care team to be useless - I've dealt with 10 different people and am still waiting for a refund (gift card in the post apparently). Try Twitter. I'm now writing to the head office and hoping for a better outcome. Good luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,841Posts Today

8,231Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kcbelsham: @MartinSLewis . This Account would have to pay at least 12% to achieve £1 million in 35 years . Any ideas ( think it is impo?

• Really? The highest interest rate amount for that volume of cash currently is 2%? You'd need an interest rate explo? https://t.co/6YRk1wLdTl

• Today's Twitter poll: Is it acceptable to take your shirt off and go topless in the street when it's scorching in the UK?

• Follow Martin