Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • colinw
    • By colinw 10th Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    • 50,273Posts
    • 137,403Thanks
    colinw
    2017 F1 Thread
    • 10th Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    2017 F1 Thread 10th Mar 17 at 4:22 PM
    Sad way to start it but John Surtees former Formula 1 and motorcycling world champion has died at the age of 83, his family have announced.

As for the F1 testing it looks like this might be an interesting season as Ferrari are looking pretty good in testing. Mercedes might have some real competition this year. Looks like McClaren's problems are continuing though.
Page 8
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 8th Oct 17, 7:03 AM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 8,281 Thanks
    uberalles
    Please, somebody remind me, if I ever mention it, never to buy a Ferrari. Us Germans don't do negative reliability.

At this stage I think it is time to concede that perhaps, just perhaps, the better team has won the F1 title this year. That being a German team .

Still, let's keep going to the end. Even if that end is the middle of lap 2 .
    A heart that's...full up like a landfill...a job that slowly kills you...bruises that won't heal.
    He knows there's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    Some people laugh all day, some people cry, cry, cry in the niiiiight!
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 8th Oct 17, 7:09 AM
    • 3,452 Posts
    • 14,838 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Interesting to see if there is an issue with tyres. Feel sorry for Seb, easy to win if there is reliability.
    Did my LBM in reverseFinally debt free with money in the bank!

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • catkins
    • By catkins 8th Oct 17, 9:07 AM
    • 5,430 Posts
    • 11,481 Thanks
    catkins
    Happy that Lewis won and is so far ahead in the championship. It's not over yet though.

I found it hard to find sympathy for Vettel as I still feel he should have been penalised last weekend.
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 8th Oct 17, 9:08 AM
    • 3,433 Posts
    • 7,574 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    Please, somebody remind me, if I ever mention it, never to buy a Ferrari. Us Germans don't do negative reliability.
    Originally posted by uberalles
    Most unreliable car I have owned in 30 years was German, an Audi A6 allroad. Pretty sure I paid the garage owner's mortgage for them keeping that on the road
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 8th Oct 17, 9:36 AM
    • 4,026 Posts
    • 8,281 Thanks
    uberalles
    Most unreliable car I have owned in 30 years was German, an Audi A6 allroad. Pretty sure I paid the garage owner's mortgage for them keeping that on the road
    Originally posted by onomatopoeia99
    All I can say then is that it is just as well that, based on your anecdote, Audi aren't in the business of building reliable F1 cars like Ferrari are........Oh wait !!

Of course, an alternative view is that you knew a very astute garage owner .
    A heart that's...full up like a landfill...a job that slowly kills you...bruises that won't heal.
    He knows there's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    Some people laugh all day, some people cry, cry, cry in the niiiiight!
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 19th Oct 17, 5:43 PM
    • 11,252 Posts
    • 21,588 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    Fernando Alonso signs McLaren contract extension for 2018
    Fernando Alonso will remain at the McLaren Formula 1 team next year after finally signing a contract extension.

Although Alonso was widely expected to stay at the team, speculation about his future had been rife for months after another torrid season in the Honda-powered car.

He is 16th in the standings with just eight points scored, as Honda failed to deliver a competitive power unit again.

That has led to McLaren splitting with Honda and joining forces with Renault for 2018, in a move that was key in the team's hopes to retain Alonso.

Autosport
    Last edited by worldtraveller; 19-10-2017 at 5:46 PM.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 20th Oct 17, 7:28 PM
    • 11,252 Posts
    • 21,588 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    Some permutations for the US Grand Prix:

If Hamilton wins in Austin, Vettel needs to be at least fifth to keep his title hopes alive.

Hamilton could also become champion on Sunday if he finishes second, with Vettel ninth or lower and Valtteri Bottas no higher than third.

To stop Mercedes wrapping up the constructors' title, Ferrari must out-score their German rivals by 17 points.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,644Posts Today

6,895Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin