Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • colinw
    • By colinw 10th Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    • 49,879Posts
    • 136,446Thanks
    colinw
    2017 F1 Thread
    • 10th Mar 17, 4:22 PM
    2017 F1 Thread 10th Mar 17 at 4:22 PM
    Sad way to start it but John Surtees former Formula 1 and motorcycling world champion has died at the age of 83, his family have announced.

As for the F1 testing it looks like this might be an interesting season as Ferrari are looking pretty good in testing. Mercedes might have some real competition this year. Looks like McClaren's problems are continuing though.
Page 7
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 16th Sep 17, 3:02 PM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 15,540 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Well those last runs were a bit of a limp ....
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Sep 17, 3:04 PM
    • 49,879 Posts
    • 136,446 Thanks
    colinw
    Well those last runs were a bit of a limp ....
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    The start could be interesting though!
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 16th Sep 17, 3:14 PM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 15,540 Thanks
    indesisiv
    The start could be interesting though!
    Originally posted by colinw
    Sadly I will miss the race tomorrow
    But yeah it should be an interesting start.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • catkins
    • By catkins 17th Sep 17, 3:28 PM
    • 5,417 Posts
    • 11,451 Thanks
    catkins
    Very pleased for Lewis. Once it started raining I knew Lewis would most likely win. Vettel can't drive in the wet.
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
    • blindman
    • By blindman 17th Sep 17, 4:33 PM
    • 4,961 Posts
    • 3,998 Thanks
    blindman
    Very pleased for Lewis. Once it started raining I knew Lewis would most likely win. Vettel can't drive in the wet.
    Originally posted by catkins
    Vettel can't drive

If there is a ever proof of "karma" then this was it.
    Last edited by blindman; 17-09-2017 at 4:35 PM.
    • LABMAN
    • By LABMAN 17th Sep 17, 6:11 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 1,009 Thanks
    LABMAN
    Vettel can't drive

If there is a ever proof of "karma" then this was it.
    Originally posted by blindman
    I liked Webber's comment to the effect that Vettel needs to remember that the back of his car is further back than the back of his helmet.
    Je suis Parisien
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 17th Sep 17, 6:25 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 8,235 Thanks
    uberalles
    I liked Webber's comment to the effect that Vettel needs to remember that the back of his car is further back than the back of his helmet.
    Originally posted by LABMAN
    Is that what he said , that is funny.

Never saw the race , listened on the radio as I drove. I know Ferrari are blaming that young Belgian / Dutch Punk, I know Verstappen has history as being a little reckless, but it sounds from the comments here that it may have been Vettel's doing? I'll watch the highlights later.

Are you going to stick with the thread now?
    Last edited by uberalles; 17-09-2017 at 6:31 PM.
    A heart that's...full up like a landfill...a job that slowly kills you...bruises that won't heal.
    He knows there's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    I got so tired of concluding that there's nothing for us to conclude.....
    • blindman
    • By blindman 17th Sep 17, 6:33 PM
    • 4,961 Posts
    • 3,998 Thanks
    blindman

Never saw the race , listened on the radio as I drove. I know Ferrari are blaming that young Belgian Punk, I know Verstappen has history as being a little reckless, but it sounds from the comments here that it may have been Vettel's doing? I'll watch the highlights later.

Originally posted by uberalles
    Vettel said "I moved a little to the left "

Apparently the stewards have said it was nobody's fault

Ferrari International Assistance at its best worst

Ferrari put out a Tweet (which has now been withdrawn) saying

"Max V drove into Kimi and then drove into Seb"

Watch the start and you decide.
    Last edited by blindman; 17-09-2017 at 6:36 PM.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 17th Sep 17, 6:51 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 8,235 Thanks
    uberalles
    Vettel said "I moved a little to the left "

Apparently the stewards have said it was nobody's fault

Ferrari International Assistance at its best worst

Ferrari put out a Tweet (which has now been withdrawn) saying

"Max V drove into Kimi and then drove into Seb"

Watch the start and you decide.
    Originally posted by blindman
    Just found a short video of the start online.

You are absolutely right. It was a stupid and, more importantly, unneccessary move to make.
    A heart that's...full up like a landfill...a job that slowly kills you...bruises that won't heal.
    He knows there's fewer more distressing sights than that of an British man in a baseball cap.
    • catkins
    • By catkins 17th Sep 17, 6:56 PM
    • 5,417 Posts
    • 11,451 Thanks
    catkins

Never saw the race , listened on the radio as I drove. I know Ferrari are blaming that young Belgian / Dutch Punk, I know Verstappen has history as being a little reckless, but it sounds from the comments here that it may have been Vettel's doing? I'll watch the highlights later.

Originally posted by uberalles
    Yes I'll stay with the thread regardless of who is leading although I hope it will be Lewis every race!
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
    • catkins
    • By catkins 17th Sep 17, 6:57 PM
    • 5,417 Posts
    • 11,451 Thanks
    catkins
    I am pretty surprised Vettel didn't get a penalty. I can't help thinking that if Lewis had pulled that stunt he would have been penalised.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 17th Sep 17, 7:35 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 8,235 Thanks
    uberalles
    Yes I'll stay with the thread regardless of who is leading although I hope it will be Lewis every race!
    Oh. In that case I feel it is therefore my responsibility to advise you that you missed 4 races earlier in the season

I am pretty surprised Vettel didn't get a penalty. I can't help thinking that if Lewis had pulled that stunt he would have been penalised.
    Of course.
    • foxtrotoscar
    • By foxtrotoscar 18th Sep 17, 12:45 AM
    • 1,002 Posts
    • 1,462 Thanks
    foxtrotoscar
    I watched the Jackie Stewart interview with Lee Mackenzie. That man has done so much to make motor racing safer. A true legend.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 18th Sep 17, 8:38 AM
    • 49,879 Posts
    • 136,446 Thanks
    colinw
    As a Hamilton fan I was delighted with the race although it would have been more entertaining with the others still in it, as for the crash I think it was just a typical racing incident at the start, I suspect they did not expect Kimi to be where he was.

It looks like Riccardo dropped his own bombshell on the other two in the press conference

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/daniel-ricciardo-drops-bomb-in-singapore-grand-prix-press-conference/news-story/9aacde9a7148b43bef958d10ec90f238
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

344Posts Today

4,370Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin