Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lyndsayb2010
    • By lyndsayb2010 10th Mar 17, 4:05 PM
    • 25Posts
    • 5Thanks
    lyndsayb2010
    Santander - PPI claim upheld
    • 10th Mar 17, 4:05 PM
    Santander - PPI claim upheld 10th Mar 17 at 4:05 PM
    Hi There, im just going through 2 claims with Santander re GE capital store cards and have called them today to see where they are up to and they said they have now sent letters re each claim to say the decision has been upheld.

Stupid features here didnt ask what that actually means.

Does it mean the claim is rejected? They are sending another questionnaire out with more questions on for me to answer.

Many thanks

Lyndsay
Page 2
    • lyndsayb2010
    • By lyndsayb2010 13th Mar 17, 2:45 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    lyndsayb2010
    I do. its so easy to scan a document and keep it on electronic files.

For your complaint to be focusing on these areas, it would suggest there is no evidence of wrongdoing that can be found or that the information you have supplied cannot be verified or differs from information they hold about your company (the latter is common as people often use template letters that state the wrong thing about their work benefits and the banks/firms tend to have information on employer benefits on their files - so when differences occur, they ask for evidence).

You are basically scraping the barrel at this stage when looking at things like this.
    Originally posted by dunstonh

Yeh, at the age of 18 i wasnt thinking ahead unfortunately and have moved house a few times since and i think documents have been misplaced etc.

I have just made a new post to show what their actual response was. Barclaycard was an easier process than Santander
    • lyndsayb2010
    • By lyndsayb2010 13th Mar 17, 2:46 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    lyndsayb2010
    That's not a valid complaint reason. It just means you bought without any advice...
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude

Ah ok, i thought i had read about the PPI being sold in store with the cards. Sorry still quite new to all of this
    • lyndsayb2010
    • By lyndsayb2010 13th Mar 17, 2:47 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    lyndsayb2010
    You can request your HMRC/DWP work history (and your NICs' record).

Indeed some employers request this to prove your work history.
    Originally posted by Mersey

Can i just contact HMRC for this?

Thanks for advice
    • lyndsayb2010
    • By lyndsayb2010 13th Mar 17, 2:49 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    lyndsayb2010
    Ok so i got it wrong (the info the man from Santander gave me on the phone last week

"We're currently investigating your complaint about the PPI cover connected to your store card taken out on the 21 Sep 2000.

Based on the information that you've supplied and the records that we hold, we do not currently believe that we should uphold your complaint.

However, you have indicated on your original consumer credit agreement that you may not have been in continuous employment for 6 months prior to the date of the sale. You have stated that you had only been there for 3 months at the date of the sale.

This may have affected your ability to make a claim on the policy, your eligibility for the policy or its overall appropriateness, but without further information we cannot consider whether this is the case."

So my questions are:

What do they mean by this?

Are they admitting that they shouldnt have sold the PPI policy to me anyway due to me not being employed for 6 months? It was my first job from leaving college. I think i was employed in the Jun/july of 2000 and took the PPI policy in September 2000.

I could do with expert help on this please as i really don't want to mess up this claim. I also have a second claim with them and they are asking for exactly the same information.

Many thanks for reading
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Mar 17, 3:20 PM
    • 19,247 Posts
    • 9,362 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Are they admitting that they shouldnt have sold the PPI policy to me
    Originally posted by lyndsayb2010
    They are admitting nothing.

They are asking for verifiable information and proof of your employment status at the time of the sale.

If you can provide this, then this may be something that they can consider. Otherwise, they are saying they find no validity to your complaint.
    • lyndsayb2010
    • By lyndsayb2010 13th Mar 17, 3:36 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    lyndsayb2010
    They are admitting nothing.

They are asking for verifiable information and proof of your employment status at the time of the sale.

If you can provide this, then this may be something that they can consider. Otherwise, they are saying they find no validity to your complaint.

ok thank you. Well i am going to assume they have the correct date of the start of my employment as i would have told them at the time of signing the PPI agreement.

I'll keep everything crossed for a successful outcome
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 19,247 Posts
    • 9,362 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    Well i am going to assume they have the correct date of the start of my employment as i would have told them at the time of signing the PPI agreement.
    Originally posted by lyndsayb2010
    That's not the proof they have requested from you. You could have told them anything. They want solid evidence. If you don't reply back to them with this, then they too will "assume" and your complaint will fail.
    • lyndsayb2010
    • By lyndsayb2010 13th Mar 17, 3:56 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    lyndsayb2010
    That's not the proof they have requested from you. You could have told them anything. They want solid evidence. If you don't reply back to them with this, then they too will "assume" and your complaint will fail.

Ok i have contacted the company that i started to work for to ask for a copy of the contract of employment so i can use that as evidence of my start date.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,218Posts Today

8,262Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin