Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yellow_sub
    • By Yellow_sub 10th Mar 17, 2:16 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Yellow_sub
    Gladstones Letter
    • 10th Mar 17, 2:16 PM
    Gladstones Letter 10th Mar 17 at 2:16 PM
    Does anyone have any advice on what to do regarding letters received from Gladstones Solicitors following numerous parking penalty letters from G24, Zenith, DRP?

Is this to be treated as a letter before court action and if so what would be a suitable response? My main concern is to prevent a CCJ at this point, which I understand could be the result if I ignored official letters?

thanks.
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Mar 17, 2:28 PM
    • 6,788 Posts
    • 6,747 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 10th Mar 17, 2:28 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 2:28 PM
    and the address shown for gladstones is? , and who are they asking you to make payment to?
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Yellow_sub
    • By Yellow_sub 10th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Yellow_sub
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    It states that payment must be made to DRP and the letter looks like the one posted a few threads down from this one (it wouldn't let me post a link). I will have to check the address later when I get home.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Mar 17, 3:17 PM
    • 13,970 Posts
    • 17,239 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:17 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:17 PM
    chances are that its a DRP letter, not a GLADSTONES letter

if so , IGNORE it

(check the details closely to see who its from, IGNORE the letterhead)
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Mar 17, 3:18 PM
    • 5,065 Posts
    • 6,287 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:18 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:18 PM
    It states that payment must be made to DRP and the letter looks like the one posted a few threads down from this one (it wouldn't let me post a link). I will have to check the address later when I get home.
    Originally posted by Yellow_sub
    Anything to do with DRP using the gladstones logo and pretending they are someone else is a scam so IGNORE

DRP ARE SIMPLETON DEBT COLLECTORS WITH ZERO POWER
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Mar 17, 3:22 PM
    • 6,788 Posts
    • 6,747 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:22 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:22 PM
    now look at the DR+ and zenith letters , small address links at the bottom ,

gladstones moved from red cow yard and recycled there old letterheads , so far you have had DR+ using 3 different names to frighten you , O bet the origional parking notice came thru PCS ? guess the company owners?
    • Yellow_sub
    • By Yellow_sub 10th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Yellow_sub
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:40 PM
    Thanks for the quick replies. So how can I be sure this is a scam? Is the parking company G24 the only company who can take me to court or are all those mentioned the same company operating under different aliases?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 6,788 Posts
    • 6,747 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:45 PM
    only the actual parking co , or a solisitor hired by them can start court action

they have not got a record of going to court http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/G24.html

please check the address on the letter , is it red cow yard? if so you are being conned as gladstones moved some time ago

3 Sep 2016 Registered office address changed from 1 the Stables Red Cow Yard Knutsford Cheshire WA16 6DG to High Legh Park Golf Club Warrington Road High Legh Knutsford WA16 6AA on 13 September 2016
    Last edited by pappa golf; 10-03-2017 at 3:48 PM.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 10th Mar 17, 3:46 PM
    • 13,970 Posts
    • 17,239 Thanks
    Redx
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:46 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 3:46 PM
    this question comes up daily on here and has been answered hundreds of times

no they dont make it easy to spot the difference , but the details for a DRP letter will say to contact DRP, will have the DRP phone number and payments to DRP

additionally, there are examples on the BMPA ZENDESK on their website too

and DRP are stupid enough to use an out of date address as well, namely red cow yard , Knutsford

debt collectors cannot take you to court , so they "may recommend that thir client issues court proceedings"

DRP letters should be ignored , the careful check is to check WHO issued the letter and where from, what the contact details are etc (and IGNORE the letterhead)

read this

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5035663
    Last edited by Redx; 11-03-2017 at 4:54 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Mar 17, 5:10 PM
    • 45,805 Posts
    • 58,765 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Thanks for the quick replies. So how can I be sure this is a scam? Is the parking company G24 the only company who can take me to court or are all those mentioned the same company operating under different aliases?
    Originally posted by Yellow_sub
    Here is yesterday's thread about the same thing:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5615129

We know what we are doing and in any case, G24 never sue anyone. You can check for yourself by Googling 'BMPA Insight' and the name of any parking firm...court numbers and advice tailored to each company.

G24 are a joke, no-one pays them. Come back if they break the habit of a lifetime and try a claim, which is defendable (Gladstones do start claims for other firms, but we've never lost one that I can recall). And those cases are never G24, they haven't a clue and this isn't a real solicitor's letter anyway.

Just debt collector drivel, as covered in the NEWBIES thread post #4 and the links already given. IGNORE!
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Yellow_sub
    • By Yellow_sub 11th Mar 17, 3:58 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Yellow_sub
    Thanks for the reassurance, I will continue to ignore based on the advice given here then. I'm considering reporting this company to Trading Standards, I find it abysmal that they are allowed to operate their businesses legally in this way, deliberately misleading and attempting to scare people into paying these ridiculous 'fines'.

For interest, the address is not the old cow yard one but a golf club? I have uploaded the letter here;
    h__ps://s15.postimg.org/dxeohknkb/IMG_2216.jpg
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 17, 4:45 PM
    • 45,805 Posts
    • 58,765 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    https://s15.postimg.org/dxeohknkb/IMG_2216.jpg

They (DRP) have started to use the new letter heading now, since we pointed this out on forums, laughing at them! It still is clearly a debt collector letter as it 'invites you to pay' DPlus. Obviously not a solicitor's letter before claim for a parking firm client, even though it's meant to mimic one.
    I'm considering reporting this company to Trading Standards, I find it abysmal that they are allowed to operate their businesses legally in this way, deliberately misleading and attempting to scare people into paying these ridiculous 'fines'.
    Good. The more complaints - and to your MP is good - the better.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the trail, top of this page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Mar 17, 5:00 PM
    • 6,502 Posts
    • 5,411 Thanks
    The Deep
    If you do go to Trading Standards do so in wring to your local council, avoid Consumer Direct, CAB etc.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,554Posts Today

7,594Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin