Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Alisha2008
    • By Alisha2008 10th Mar 17, 1:16 PM
    • 1,040Posts
    • 570Thanks
    Alisha2008
    Thread lift anyone?
    • 10th Mar 17, 1:16 PM
    Thread lift anyone? 10th Mar 17 at 1:16 PM
    Hi,

I've been looking into having this treatment done to improve the sagging around my jaws but I'm quite confused with the no. of clinics offering it and I don't know how to choose.

Also in some I have to pay £100 only for the consultation which seems a bit steep! (Skin clinics for example which I like because I think they will have lots of experience).

Any experiences out there?
Page 1
    • lessonlearned
    • By lessonlearned 10th Mar 17, 5:45 PM
    • 10,067 Posts
    • 56,588 Thanks
    lessonlearned
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:45 PM
    • 10th Mar 17, 5:45 PM
    Yes I've had one.

In 2006 I had to have surgery to remove a basal cell carcinoma from my face. It left my face slightly lopsided. Wasn't too bad at first but over the years it became more noticeable. So I had a threadlift just over a year ago.

By putting more threads on one side It realigned my face and also tightened up the jawline.

I am very pleased with the results. It felt a bit "odd" for a couple of days, with a slight stinging sensation a couple of times, but I think that might have been down to cold weather.

My face always hurts a bit in cold weather, especially on the site of the cancer scar so I wasn't too troubled.

I had just one tiny bruise which faded within a couple of days. I've had worse bruising after a visit to the dentist. I bruise very easily.

So yes really pleased. The actual procedure didn't hurt at all because I was well numbed up - just a slight sensation of "pulling".
    • Alisha2008
    • By Alisha2008 11th Mar 17, 5:22 PM
    • 1,040 Posts
    • 570 Thanks
    Alisha2008
    • 11th Mar 17, 5:22 PM
    • 11th Mar 17, 5:22 PM
    Thanks for your reply, can you tell me where you went and how much you paid?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

2,330Users online

Martin's Twitter