Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • headstuckinsand
    • By headstuckinsand 10th Mar 17, 12:48 PM
    • 73Posts
    • 24Thanks
    headstuckinsand
    Patience is a virtue
    • 10th Mar 17, 12:48 PM
    Patience is a virtue 10th Mar 17 at 12:48 PM
    I know it's hard to hear as I was in the same position but patience really is something that needs to be learnt in an IVA. I've seen so many posts on hear from people say "how soon can I get credit", "how quickly will the IVA drop off my credit file", etc.

It's nearly 2 years since I completed my IVA and my credit rating is as good as is possible to achieve (I actually had to look twice when it read 999 out of 999!)
    Yes I wanted to go out and get new things that I've had to forgo during the IVA but I didn't rush out to get a credit builder card or try to take out overpriced loans that charges extortionate fees.

With time everything does heal if you learn the lessons during the IVA of properly budgeting, preparing and being patient. So to all those still on their IVA, just finishing or recently finished... just be patient - it will all be alright in the end.
    Unsecured Debt at start of IVA in 2009 = £51,734
    Debt free as of March 2015!!!!
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Mar 17, 4:16 PM
    • 12,477 Posts
    • 11,867 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:16 PM
    • 12th Mar 17, 4:16 PM
    Can't understand why anyone who goes through insolvency, would ever want to get into debt again.

I don't borrow anything, in any form anymore, no loans, no cards.

Why would you want to ?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,500Posts Today

7,300Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin